Friday, June 12, 2009

Week 16: The Obligatory Annual Start-of-Winter Rant

it's only the 12th day of winter and already i've had enough. I'VE HAD ENOUGH. i'm throwing in the towel and calling it quits. i mean, it's only the 12th day for crying out loud and the weather gods have taken it into their heads to drain the living heat out of me and crumble me piece by piece, mind, body and soul.

why is it so cold in sydney? why is it so fucking cold here? i don't understand why sydney has to be so cold. this morning, when i woke up at 9.20, i looked at the weather forcast available on my phone and it said, and i quote, 'Sydney NOW 7 degrees Celcius'. 7 degrees Celcius. 7 degrees Celcius. 7 degrees Celcius. i thought my phone was playing a joke on me. i thought it was april's fool in june. i thought it was probably last night's update. so i looked again. Sydney NOW 7 degrees Celcius. what the fuck is wrong with the weather?!

it is only the 12th day of winter ya tuhanku!!! what about later on? what are we to expect in the heart of winter? am i supposed to feel the very marrow of my bones slowly solidify and freeze until i become a giant ice statue like Tracy Strauss (obscure Heroes reference)??

and you would think that having previously passed and survived 4 winters, i would have developed some semblance of an adaptive capacity towards the cold, but no. no, it's just too damned cold. i theorise that no one actually ever gets used to the cold.

ROAR. i wish global warming would happen already. less talk and more action, depleting ozone layer above the australian continent!!

2 Comments:

At 6/12/09, 4:00 PM, Blogger evil yun said...

If only we could exchange SOME BITS of weather somehow... I would happily courier you the sun in Penang. I feel like a bak kua being bbq-ed for 24 hrs everyday.

 
At 6/15/09, 10:55 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

HAHAHA so i heard. my dad was telling me that it 's DAMN DAMN SUPER DAMN hot in malaysia right now HAHAHAHA! how ironic eh? yea, i wish you guys could deflect some sunshine and warm winds over to these parts boohoohoooooooooooooo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home