Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Week 15: An update!

a lot happened over the past week. here are some pictures as guidelines - i'm just gonna clue you in with each one because i can't be arsed typing out in full proper paragraphs. my neck hurts because i slept in a weird angle last night RAGE i'll never sleep on double pillows anymore.



i celebrated my 23rd birthday, in case you missed the previous post! pictured here with me are the members of the Byrne lab, and seated on my right (in white, to make it super obvious) is the culprit responsible for the recent case of Updates spam on my facebook page. if you missed it, thanks - it's not worth going back to read them. needless to say, never leave your facebook page unattended; consequences can be...dire.



my parents arrived. yay!




a few days later, GRADUATION! finally, i'm an official graduand JUST LIKE ALL OF YOU! and it wasn't as painful as i thought it would be. i didn't slip thus embarrassing myself, however, i did miss the tip of my mortarboard when i was supposed to be saluting the vice-chancellor. my fingers were grasping at thin air before i decided that, fuck this shit, i'm just gonna walk down those stairs.




later in the night, massive graduation dinner for the family. i'm thankful that no one made me give a speech. in the end, everyone (including my parents) adjourned to good ol' marly bar! fairy dust shots all around!



the next day, we visited Orange. here's Ben. he is a mystery because he can be the sweetest, most angelic and most affectionate boy in the world but a second later, he becomes the tantrum king devil incarnate. it is crazy.

he scratched my hand and broke the skin. and when i said OW he quickly grabbed my hand, said SORRY SORRY and started kissing it to make it better. can we all say AWWW!? and the way he plays the innocent role is mind-boggling! he was fighting with Joshua and his dad got angry. well, josh got the brunt of the wrath and started crying while ben ran away at the first sign of parental judgement. 20 minutes later, he went up to the still-crying josh and said with the most innocent of expressions,

"What happened, Josh? Why are you crying? Did da-da beat you? Don't cry!"

and then, random kisses and hugs ensued.

i would've fell off my chair from laughing too much if the situation wasn't so incredulous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home