Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Week 12: Have you seen my cd anywhere?

not wanting to be premature or anything, but i think i've landed myself in the mother of all fuck-ups. i can't find any of my final documents for my honours thesis: my entire thesis and its chapters are missing, my final presentation, my figure plates with pretty little urchin pictures - NOTHING. they are neither in my laptop nor on the lab computer.

i know that they should be on my ex-housie's external hard-drive that i was using when my laptop crashed on me last year - but i can't be sure. and besides, it's already been nigh on 6 months since then, chances are she'd already have trashed it into her recycling bin.

on the other hand, i'm confident that i burnt all relevant documents onto a cd but said cd is MISSING. i know i brought it home with me to Kajang and, perhaps just perhaps, it might still be there. according to my mother though, it is not. however my confidence level on her search tactics is borderline non-existent (sorry mom. just kidding. don't angry. keep searching).

SO! now i'm hoping against hope that said cd is tucked in somewhere in my laptop bag. knowing my acute propensity to randomly chuck things aside, i am hoping that i've chucked it into my laptop bag and not into the fucking bin.

monumental fuck-ups aside, all is well! i'll be graduating in 2 weeks' time - which is fortunate considering i've been waiting for nearly half a year for this. i'm slightly apprehensive of it though; what if i stumble on the way up the stage and fall ass over feet with my petticoat splayed for all honoured academicians and guests to see?! what if i threw my mortarboard in the air and it fell and stabbed some poor bald elderly gentleman in the eye!? those caps are hard and sharp, you know.

ah well, anyway. if you want to see my humiliate and embarass myself greatly, then come on down to the Great Quadrangle on 29 May. i'm not sure what time my session is because i can't be arsed to go collect my mail back at the old place. but i really should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home