Friday, May 01, 2009

Week 10: Applying for a permanent residency visa is much harder than it looks.

as of two weeks ago, i am now one step closer to being a permanent resident of Australia. however, events leading up to the lodgement of my visa application left much to be desired. needless to say - the australian government has now emptied my bank account of nigh on $3000 what with the application fees along with the endless forms and documents that needed to be assessed. if any of you are planning to apply for a permanent residency visa, i earnestly suggest that you think it through CAREFULLY and make sure that you have at least $3k for disposal.

financial discontentment aside, applying for this visa has actually made me quite sad. the previous 'this is gonna be temporary' mindset that i adopted back in 2005 when i was embarking on my first year of university has been effectively switched over to 'this is gonna be permanent'. THIS IS PERMANENT! hell, i've even caught the disgusting habit of referring to sydney as home - as in, "When are you going back to Sydney?" "I'm going home in 2 weeks." see the problem?

oh tidings of woe, if i knew that the outcome would be as such, would i still have been so cheery about leaving negaraku, tanah tumpahnya darahku back in 2005?! now with my application under review, i feel like i'm yet another step further from my country. and i guess i'm not alone in feeling such sentiments - albeit just one other person that i know.

Scene 1: Two friends.
damn sad la i feel like i'm yet another step further away from malaysia =( =( =(
lol me too!
yea WEI
you know
i was just feeling nostalgic about malaysia this morning
End.

SIGH! i feel nostalgic about malaysia nearly every day! especially now that my room is plastered with photographs that remind me of how transient my time spent at home really is. boohoo blubber cry SIGH.

therefore, in order to elevate my feelings to that of a sunshiney day, i shall spam all of you with photographs of my time spent back home! i haven't really put any up (except for the time when i was travelling about msia) because, i dunno, i guess i was partly lazy and partly...







I JUST REALISED A LOT OF PHOTOS AREN'T UPLOADABLE HAHAHAHA plus i'm running short of time so my spam probably isn't gonna be much of a spam. meh. i'll sift through a bit more, when i get the time. bye. I MISS YOU GUYS!

4 Comments:

At 5/2/09, 2:32 PM, Anonymous siewlan said...

hohoho!!! welcome bek to da dark down under? HAHAHA! i meant da V SUNNY SIDE of da world? hahaha!

 
At 5/3/09, 10:00 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Malaysia is home.

But when we look back at our times in Malaysia, I feel thet are biased to the positive because we were younger/on-holiday at the time.

If you work in Malaysia, commute to work in the KL jams, deal with the mundaneness and difficulties of normal working adult life...maybe the picture isnt so rosy.

but still, the pre-2005 years were awesome and so were the post 2005 summer vacs!

____and the food...somebody buy me a ticket home now!

 
At 5/4/09, 10:32 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

kailan: lalala. stop with your campaigning and propagandaing.

dan: i guess you're right. but i still get the 'what ifs' sometimes. what if i'm much happier even though the commute/mundane-ness of job sucks?? i have familiarity on my side over there (and better food and weather too)!

 
At 5/7/09, 12:44 AM, Anonymous siewlan said...

LOL, i mana ada campaign n propaganda lah... yuin-wong me oni :p anyway, u'r DA ONE WHO SUBMITTED UR OWN DAMN APPLICATION, not me! :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home