Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Week 11: This entry is entirely fictitious. Happy birthday! You turn 1 today!

[Ed. note: Please be reminded once again that this is entirely a work of fiction. I cannot stress how strongly that this is not fact]

. . .

I downloaded Mae.
It reminds me of you.
What songs did you get?
Ready and waiting to fall.

. . .

Let’s hop on a plane and fly there. I’ll meet you at the Esplanade.
Okay, let’s do it.
Meet me at 5.30. Under the tree with the pink flowers.
Alright.
Don’t forget.
Won’t forget.

. . .

So, you were already sad then right?
Yes, I was.
I could tell, you know.
Right when I clambered down to the rockpools where the dogs were. Just watching the waves crash and break.
It’s alright.

. . .

You’ll probably see him when you look into your mirror too.
After all, it was your tummy he scratched, not mine.
I’m not afraid.
I and he are buddies. I scratch his stomach, he scratches mine too.
We buddies.
Tight.

. . .

What happens if someone comes up to you and says that he likes you?
Well, then I’ll say...that’s nice.
How evil.
I was just kidding.
Don’t lie.
I’m not lying.
Ok...well, I’d say, oh really? That’s great because I like you too.

. . .

I was too sleepy. The things I do for you.
I know. I’m so touched.
Fake.

. . .

So, what made you decide to do what you did last night?
Decide to do what?
Say I’ll never let you go.
And since you kept asking me why, I think it’s my turn to ask you why now.
I was sleepy and simply said it off-hand.
I see.
But that line has some truth in it though. Perhaps I can say it at a later time and actually mean it 100%.
Fair enough.
That’s some powerful stuff right there.
It is.
I know.
And you pretended like you didn’t hear it.

. . .

So what made you decide to say those things to me last night?
What things?
Like, what would happen if that guy was you etc?
Guts.
Because you kept saying, oh you know you should tell someone you like them or else you’ll miss the opportunity.
And you kept egging me on.
That’s true. But I’m glad you said it because I wouldn’t know for sure.
And I thought you were seeing someone else.
Honestly?
For one instance, seriously.

. . .

Everyone’s asleep?
Try not to get into trouble.
I’ll blame it on you.
Sure.

. . .

Thanks for trusting me.
Of course. You’re the hope I have for change, remember?
But am I the only chance that you will take?
Perhaps. I’ll think about that.

. . .

As for me, I had to wait another year.
Then did you cry?
No.
Don’t lie. It is ok to admit it.
Honest. I did something worse though. I pretended like nothing happened – like everything was ok even though I was quite sad inside.
Heartless.
Not heartless.
I mean, crying doesn’t solve anything. So why cry?
True.

. . .

Rindu aku?
Takde la. Kenapa?
Oh, tanya je.
Macam mana kau tahu aku tengah rindu kau sambil mendengar lagu jiwang?
Saya ada intuasi.

. . .

Fool.
Well, you’re the bigger one for voluntarily getting involved with one.
Hey.
Yes?
Nothing.
I know.
I bet you didn’t.
You bet I did.

. . .

You are so sensitive.
What has that got to do with anything?
Nothing. I’m just telling you that you’re sensitive.
I know. You’ve been telling me that since day one.

. . .

Don’t talk to me.
You are pissing me off. You always do that.
If you want to hang up, then don’t call me anymore.
I hate it when you’re being condescending, ok? Don’t talk to me like I’m a kid.
I’m not a child you can talk down to.

. . .

I guess this is goodbye.
I guess.

. . .

End.

2 Comments:

At 5/6/09, 1:08 AM, Anonymous siewlan said...

hmm. oh, melanie ho! :)

 
At 5/6/09, 11:02 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

lol! howhowhow? did i make you sad? do you think i can be a writer?

eh by the way, i received gurnam's wedding invitation edi HAHAHAHA i'm getting my mom to bring it over to me when she comes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home