Monday, May 25, 2009

Week 14: I LOST ANOTHER WEEK AGAIN!

since learning the true value of the oft-mentioned-but-as-rare-and-mythical-as-big-foot hard-earned dollar, i have been bringing my levels of thrifty-ness to great new heights! however, that is not to say that i hoard every single dollar in my bank account and refuse to spend even a single cent of it. all it has done is make my doubly triply and quaterply careful with what i spend my money on!

back in the day when i was still leaching off my parents, i would have to think real hard whenever i want to buy something and ask myself such gems of a question as "How many hours must papa breathe in woodchips before i can buy this dress?" or "How many translation tapes must mommy go through before i can buy that pair of shoes?". now i know the answer to those sort of questions, and the answer is "A LOT."

however, like i said, i still love shopping. it's just that i don't buy anything at full price anymore. instead, i'll wait and wait until the item i want goes on sale (and in australia, chances are you don't really have to wait that long). if it doesn't ever go on sale or if it does but runs out of my size, well, i'd just tell myself that me and coveted-item were not fated to belong together. easy. too easy. but that's only the first hurdle. if said coveted item IS on sale and IS available in my size, i'll have to further deliberate if the quality of the item is worth my money. i may be a scrooge sometimes but if i think it's worth my money, i'll gladly hand over my hard-earned bucks just to gratify myself materially.

ok. there's three paragraphs written just to tell you that, over the past few weeks, this is what i've spent my wages on (besides food and rent):


coat from Sportsgirl. super nice, i'm wearing it right now! price: NA.


Sgt. Pepperish top from Ladakh. super love. it can't wait for KL! price: NA.


9west shoes. super orgasm HAHAHA i won't show you the heel height but needless to say, if i fall i'll probably break my neck and, if i don't die, i'll be a paraplegic YAY! price: NA.

ya, that's about it. there are only one thing in this whole world that i won't hesitate dishing money out for and that's books! to date: i think i've spent AUD_______ on books, but i don't care, it's my money! (sorry, cannot reveal).

bye.

3 Comments:

At 5/27/09, 11:55 AM, Anonymous Tammy said...

thebookdepository.com

my favourite online place to be!!!!!

FREE SHIPPING GO GO GO!!! And, i found that most books i purchased so far were like 40% cheaper!!!! (Depends on current exchange rate and book purchased)

 
At 5/28/09, 10:43 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

Great purchases mel!

The coat looks awesome for winter.

 
At 6/3/09, 11:20 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

the coat is damn super nice wei! thanks dan thanks! we have to go shopping again some day soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home