Monday, May 08, 2006

It's Firefox now.

The internet is up and running...Joy of Joys.

Thanks David..i know you said that i stuffed it up pretty bad..but i still don't know what i did..but whatever..the viruses inhabiting my laptop?

ALL..FLUSHED..OUT.

. . .

Today wasn't one of my better days though. I've handed in my Big-Mama report. and no..i wasn't super nerdy and decided to pass it in 10 days before the due date...remember how i said that it's due 18th?

Well...

hmm..i misread it. it was actually due 8th..not 18th. thankfully i checked back last night and lo-and-behold, the words glared back at me and burned themselves into the back of my eyeballs...

Due: 5pm 8 May 2006


DOOM!


At 10.00 pm, an 85%-done report, without my laptop and a deadline tomorrow.

Pour all the ingredients into a shaker. Shake well. Serve in a martini glass and pop in an olive-on-a-stick. The perfect recipe for disaster and mental breakdown.

surprisingly though..i didn't breakdown, nor panic. it was all rather amusing, actually. i remember thinking to myself.."Ahh..fuck it...whatever."

and then i went to bed at 10.30. for the first time in 6 months. i slept at 10.30. and i woke up this morning all peachy-keen and feeling fine. ambled down to uni...attended the lecture...wrote the report..photocopied relevant maps and diagrams..handed it in.

all in a very undisturbed and calm manner.

..sigh..i think i should've put a little bit more angst into me last night..maybe a few tosses and turns before i went to sleep..a bit of calling-david-and-friends-anxiously-on-the-phone..a couple of whinging and laments about how life is unfair..then maybe this morning, i could've assumed a more worried air around me..

i wish i could've cared a little bit more.

oh well..the report's done. the tally now stands at

Assignment - 7 Melanie - 0

Not too bad..not too bad at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home