Monday, May 01, 2006

The Great KK Adventure!

At 11.25 am..i'm sitting in Madsen Library, Sydney University, once again being the good student and trying to write up the Big-Mama report. Suddenly someone flashes me on WebMessenger.

Pneumatics says:
hahahahaha ... hey do you know where is the Krispy Kreme shop in Sydney?

susu-atari says:
it's in the city..

Pneumatics says:
I wanna get some!!!
Where on earth is Wynyard?
Is it anywhere near Bondi Junction?

susu-atari says:
NO!
It's in the city!!
It's nearer to circular quay

Pneumatics says:
Oh ok.... which part of circular quay?
Sydney is ssuch an ugly city.. I miss KL

susu-atari says:
Hahahaha..are you free now?
Do you have classes?

Pneumatics says:
Uh no I have class..... and tute at 3

susu-atari says:
Ah..if you'd like to skip that i can bring you to kk

Pneumatics says:
Hmmm that sounds quite inviting

susu-atari says:
YEA COME!
Cos i'm done for the day and i can meet you somewhere and we can have KK!

Pneumatics says:
Hmm..... what time you wanna?
LET"S GO


[Sheer impulsiveness at its best.]


I blame it on the sudden craze that's been going around in the Malaysian students-sphere regarding KrispyKreme. I blame it on Daniel for saying he wants to come KrispyKreme-hunting in Sydney. I blame it on JoAnn for publishing pictures of KrispyKreme in her blog. I blame it on HongYin for saying that Canberra's gonna have its very own branch of KrispyKreme. I blame it on WaiKing for developing a urge for KrispyKreme. I blame myself for being impulsive.

At Krispy Kreme, it's all about choices. You select your 12 favourite types of doughnuts, walk over to the counter, whip out your bankcard and ask, "DO YOU ACCEPT EFTPOS?", punch in your pin-#, walk away with a box of KrispyKreme tucked under your right arm and a bright smile plastered on your face.

Easy, no?



And then we figured, heck everyone's eating KrispyKreme but no one's two's attempted to eat a whole box in one go! thus began our quest for eternal glory.



we got plastered by the 4th doughnut each. it's impossible. it's unthinkable. it's insane. it's absurd. it's inconceivable. it's inexecutable. it's unreasonable. it's preposterous. it's sheer stupidity mixed with bravado and a feeling of macho-ism. it was a futile attempt.

kids don't try it at home.

WaiKing, i feel sick and yes,
HongYin, i just realised i contradicted myself when i said KK=BAD..
because i'm a hypocrite.



doughnut...such an ugly word.

4 Comments:

At 5/2/06, 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that my post-KK hangover is gone, I can't wait to have KK again!!! :)

 
At 5/2/06, 3:02 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

..ergh..are you MAD?? i can still TASTE KK when i burp ok?? it's scarred me for life..hahaha

 
At 5/3/06, 11:10 AM, Blogger domesticated goddess said...

darling!!!

I cant wait to have KK!! but do you know its FILLED with like sugar and fats,, its a HUGE BLOB of fat.

i havent had one since i came back.. not a SINGLE ONE... wah.. damn proud. hate this post of yours.. makes me wanna have KK.. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

 
At 5/3/06, 10:07 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

well..you can have as many as you want..just that i won't be having any with you lar..i think i OD-ed on KK edi..gotta gimme some time to recuperate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home