Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Rant bitch Rant!

Perhaps August will be known as the Crazy Month. Lately I've been feeling highly irritable with anyone who, in my eyes, cocks up or is being an unreasonable prick. I'm generally quite easy-going on station and have been following the rather successful mantra 'I stay away from Drama, Drama stay away from me'. But, oh, I don't know, I've just been so quick to take offense with anyone or to feel rage building from 0 to atmospheric in sub-6 seconds. Over the littlest things, the littlest things!

There are days when I'm just so sick of being here and seeing the same 20 faces again and again and again and again. Even Adam seems to be copping a small proportion of my temper flares - and can I stress that so far I have been unconditionally (UNCONDITIONALLY! I'm usually very nasty to people I love) nice to him I feel like such a wimp sometimes - and in all fairness, he is flabbergasted. I am flabbergasted. Anyone who inevitably, subconsciously or unknowingly come into my path, says something wrong that pisses me off and thus gets a variation of the following words Get, Fuck(ed), You and Off is flabbergasted.

"Gee whiz you are such a potty mouth, what happened to the NIIIIICE (and here, everyone has a tendency to drag out the word 'Nice', what the hell is up with that??) Mel???"

#1: I've always been a potty mouth; ask my parents and friends.
#2: I am not nice.
and
#3: Your perception of me being nice is just my interpretation of being nice so that life can go on.

Le sigh (Ok la, I'm actually a very nice person please do not give me weird looks when I see you again).

Perhaps it is the lack of stimulation. Everything is the same. Same couch, same clothes (there are days when I feel like I'm in school because everyone is wearing the same AAD-issued clothing and it lends a very Uniform-y feel to the air), same alcoholic drinks, same meals, same people, same chocolate bars, same music playing on the radio.

Maybe this is why I'm throwing myself voraciously at knitting - kinda like a Slut in a Bachelor's Party or a Fat Kid in Krispy Kreme (Ok omg this sounds so bad and I'm hitting all the wrong/right (??) stereotypes - this is me being remorseful, I didn't mean it) (I completely meant every word of that sentence). Knitting allows me to make new things, new things which are scarce to come by in a station of only 21 people, in Antarctica. Since the winter started I've knitted a scarf, a neck-warmer thingy, two tops, a vest, a pair of wrist-warmers, and I'm sure there's something else but I've just forgotten about it - oh yes, a FAIL beanie which will have to be ripped up soon. Not to mention a third tank top that I'm knitting at the moment, at the rate I'm going I'll be able to open my own knitwear store soon.

Maybe this is also why I've been watching movies like the world is about to end. Even crappy ones, I sit through duly and dilligently because (WHY?) there is nothing else to do and my senses crave for something new. The only requirement to movie-watching is that they have to be movies I have never seen before. I'm not gonna waste my time watching reruns (Ok la unless they are super duper good like The Motorcycle Diaries, The Darjeeling Limited, 500 Days of Summer or Bring It On wtf ok now you know my secret) and (also) the rate I'm going, I'll be able to finish the 3TBs-worth of movies on station (not really la, there are movies that are SO CRAP that even my new-sensation-starved senses will look down at with scorn (Mission Impossible 1, 2 and the other bajillion associated sequels) ahem.

Here's to hoping that the crazy month will pass soon. And don't worry, I'm ok. I have my knitting and movies to keep me occupied.

2 Comments:

At 8/7/12, 10:56 PM, Blogger galnexdor said...

You knit?!?!?!

 
At 8/8/12, 7:46 PM, Anonymous Melanie said...

haha yea, it's amazing how easily skills are honed here in Antarctica when there's nothing much else to distract you with.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home