Monday, June 25, 2012

Davis Midwinter 2012: The Morning Brunch

Okay, let the knuckle-cracking ensue, I am in a bid to actually get ALL the Midwinter postings out of the way by the end of the week. There is much work to be done so we shall tarry no longer. I'm gonna break the day down into their individual components (because, as much as I am trying to be productive and hardworking, the idea of fitting the whole day in one post is ludicrous, undoable and frankly, is giving me a headache even as I think about it). Let us start with Midwinter's Morning, then, shall we?

My day started at 7.45 a.m. Yes I know, right? I was helping out with the setting up of our formal dinner table and, once we were done, I took a step back and couldn't believe what we had accomplished. I fairly reckon that I am now qualified to work at the best and top eateries and hotels.



After the setting up of the tables, we went upstairs and had an absolutely delicious brunch prepared for us by our Chef Brigid.



On the menu were:

Bircher muesli with the works
Stewed winter fruits 
(i.e. dried figs, apples, apricots and peaches that were rehydrated in syrup mmmm)
Summer fruit platter 
(lychees, mangoes, kiwi fruit, blueberries, raspberries, mandarin orange slices..saay whaaaaat??)
Scrambled eggs, bacon,sausages
Tomatoes, baked beans, mushrooms, hash browns
A platter of smoked salmon
A whole leg of smoked ham
A selection of danish pastries
Blueberry muffins
Banana bread
A selection of breads (walnut, fruit, sourdough)
Home made jams (Apricot, marmalade, fig)
Banana smoothie and various fruit juices
COFFEE AND TEA!

Yes, that's right, THAT WAS ALL WE HAD FOR BRUNCH. I couldn't believe how much food I was bringing up to the table and had to keep reminding myself that this was just brunch, it's just brunch, don't panic, we still have dinner in 6 hours' time.



Everyone tucked in and I forced (ok la, forced sounds so bad, rather, I compelled) myself to try one of everything (except for the baked beans because I fucking hate that stuff why would anyone eat that???). By the end of brunch, I felt like I was gestating a little food baby and it made me feel quite contented yet depressed at the same time fml.



After the brunch, there was much groaning and moaning and rubbing of bellies after which everyone cleaned up and we went down to the sea-ice for a spot of Midwinter swimming! Standby...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home