Tuesday, April 24, 2012

it is nearly a month since the ship came and left us as winterers. time is flying by, but then again, it's not - you get? the days are peeling itself off the calendar, sure, but it feels like they aren't really going anywhere. perhaps it is the repetition, or the routine that i find myself in now. it's not bad, but, to borrow a line from 'In Bruges' (although it is totally out of context, because in 'In Bruges', it was in reference to the dreamy settings of Bruges in winter),

I know I am awake, but I feel like i'm in a Dream

the only markers i have around me that tell me time is passing are:

1. the extreme shortening of daylight hours with each passing day. the sun doesn't rise till 10.00am these days, and when it does, it hangs around till 5.30pm, and then POOF it is gone. waking up is getting harder and harder.

2. having to babysit that fucking aquarium now that i am by myself my god i feel like committing a murder/suicide (aquarium/me) every time i think about the fucking thing. i don't believe it is 'just an inanimate object' (as some wisecrack pointed out to me a while ago), i believe that it has a soul and a personal vendetta against me. but i will persevere, and i will come out of this the victor because i'll be damned if i let 'an inanimate object' get the best of me.

3. waking up with a hangover every Sunday. if my hangovers could talk, it would have a heavy mafia-esque italian accent. 'eeyyy HELL-low! iz me aggen, yaa?' HAHAHA ma and pa, i joke i joke. i never get hangovers.

anyway, much to do and see and another aquarium to check up on. toodles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home