Monday, April 27, 2009

Week 10: This is my (new) home.

alright, as promised, photos of my new place! i really want to put up my address just so that any of you kind souls can send me snail mail if you ever feel so inclined - but i did that once before way back in 2007 and i got chastised the older-cousin way. and even though i know that the possibility of a potential stalker obtaining that information and camping outside my current home is HIGHLY UNLIKELY (maybe about 3.7% chance - i did the math), i'd as soon face the wrath and craziness of said stalker than to face the wrath of said older-cousin (you know who i'm talking about, you).

anyway, play-by-play. it's not exactly in its tidiest of states. but i figured that if i were to wait till the place was all nice and tidied up, these photos would never be taken...if you know what i mean.

begin.

so, this is a part of the living room, with views from our little balcony. that's the $23.50 dual-lamp i bought from IKEA. have i mentioned how much i love IKEA?




and this is the dining area. very spartan and minimalistic - i think the cross lends a nice touch to the atmosphere - because we usually have our meals in front of the tv. TA-DAA! you have to be a tv addict if you want to live here (no la, i'm just speaking for myself).



our little kitchen. if you can spot something interesting (and highly pleasurable - depending on how much you like it) in this photo, i will give you a surprise.



and this is my room. i'm starting to refer to it as the room of endless summers in my head because i've got photos from all my summers (and a smidgen of winters) tacked onto the walls. it's a great tool for remembering everything that i've done throughout my 3 months of four years of play in malaysia. and the best part is that the photos are in chronological order so that i can actually see myself aging with time.



the photos encircle the walls of my room. i've just got a little bit more to go before it touches the door again. anyone wants to send me photos that i can tack up on the wall? if you can spot yourself in any of the photos and correctly identify when that photo was taken, I WILL GIVE YOU A SURPRISE! i promise.



i got myself a queen-sized bed now (nyehehe!) so no more fear of rolling off the bed at night! can you see something familiar nestled amongst the sheets? sorry, this is turning into a kindergarten show-and-tell class. my room looks out to the communal courtyard/car space.



so there you have it - a visual tour of the Big H. but the photos only translate ~60% of the whole feel of the apartment, you really should come and visit to see it for yourself! it's so much better.

16 Comments:

At 4/27/09, 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eh eh i can see myself!!! so wat i get???? okok i want a superhot aussie guy..bring him when u get back ok baby??? wakakaka

 
At 4/28/09, 12:21 AM, Blogger evil yun said...

LOL, finally pics of ur home!! V nice wei! looks so cosy =D hmm... for the smth interesting n highly pleasurable... i wonder why my eyes r focusing on the row of alcohols...=P

 
At 4/28/09, 12:36 AM, Anonymous siewlan said...

NICE!

 
At 4/28/09, 10:07 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

baby: you have to say WHERE the photo was taken la then only do you qualify for a surprise. takkan every person who says "eh eh i see myself" will terus get a surprise? like that kan untung banyak for them and i rugi besar?!

yun: yes yun YOU GET A SURPRISE! and thanks thanks...it's kinda smallish (smaller than my old place by a little) that's why it's always really nice and warm..come and visit!

kailan: OH THANK YOU!

 
At 4/29/09, 1:56 AM, Anonymous siewlan said...

oi. i lupa tanya. u punya gambar gambar yg amat tercantik kat dinding, ada tak gambar I??? ADA TAK???!!! ;P

 
At 4/29/09, 9:51 AM, Blogger Daniel said...

sweet place.

i have that same ikea lamp. Used to use it more back in Uropa, but now I'm better friends with Halogen.

you got a really nice room. Makes me wish I had a queen size bed!

 
At 4/29/09, 11:10 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

kailan: of course la i have your face there! but one only HAHAHA when you came to visit me. the one where i mulut ternganga-nganga.

dan: thanks! well, you should think about investing in a queen sized bed then...it's really worth it TRUST ME! and the beds from ikea are pretty cheap.

 
At 4/30/09, 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello.! i see many of my pics on ur wall..better pay me royalties..hahahha!

lalala..in langkawi, in luna bar, in here there anywhere..and the collage i made !! hahaha

 
At 4/30/09, 11:15 AM, Anonymous yihaur said...

I can't see myself there, but i see weng yew tho, location :car , time: afternoon. Do i get a surprise? hahah, nice house btw, big fan of moscato i'm guessing. hah!

 
At 4/30/09, 12:22 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

nikki: hahaha wow, so if use your face must pay you royalties la? i didn't know about this clause. ya but actually at first i wanted to say that you cannot play because confirm you'll be able to spot damn alot! no more fun like that. but sure, you'll get a surprise!

cy: hahaha yea you're on the wall! but i guess you really have to look hard for it. there's a couple from bali and langkawi and at dan's apartment!

and i'm really impressed! but i guess it's only fitting coming from the master alcoholic..how could you tell it was moscato!? damn yum. and yes, you DO get a surprise because i'm in a surprising sort of mood haha!

 
At 4/30/09, 9:44 PM, Blogger tammeegoreng said...

im glad you listen (SOMETIMES) to your older cousin. "Whoever" that cousin may be. BTW, really like to cross too, adds a nice touch and great vintage feeling with the table too, not that i am a fan of vintage for myself.
I think the frame above the couch really needs to be a bigger one to suit the room. Bigger, i say!!!!

PS: nice photos you took. :)
PPS: Ando's met Chiew's last night. It went too well. Hah.

 
At 5/1/09, 10:57 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

OOOOOOOOOOHHHH! see? me calling him my cousin must've been a premonition of things to come!

 
At 5/1/09, 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ala many places...i can see te one we took with dom thru the mirror in a club...n then another one with me making muka bodo..OK BABY I WANT A SURPRISE!!!!! hhahaha...

 
At 5/1/09, 8:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my face not there

 
At 5/2/09, 11:47 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

lol..first anon entity i know is my baby. second anon entity, i don't know who you are! but if you tell me your name, i might be able to correct you!

 
At 5/6/09, 8:38 PM, Anonymous Pui Yan said...

i saw my pathethic secondary school face wey!...i always feel tat pic is so weird wey..if u noe wat i mean..bwahaha=p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home