Saturday, March 10, 2007

End of Week1.

Slipping into the 3rd (and potentially final) year of uni was almost effortless. It helped tremendously that my earliest lecture began at 10 and it didn't really matter that 4 out of my 5 days in uni ended at 6pm. It just means i'll have a longer bonding-time with my beloved Science Road and Macleay Building.

Anyway, the first week of uni has passed and contrary to rumours, 3rd year is NOT the Honeymoon year (damn you whoever who told me that). This fact was jammed into our throats over and over again by our lecturers and to prove that they were, in fact, not joking around with us, the whole list of assignments and assessments which were due of us were written on pieces of paper and handed out to us. Every.Single.Assignment. I now know that by the end of week13 i will have handed in 27 reports and assignments. I kid you not. 27 is the number and i know i've flagrantly abused the number 27 before because it is also my birthdate...but this time it's true. It's freaky coincidence. I have to endure 27 variations of the state of suffering before i'm finally redeemed by that which is Final Examination.

Strangely enough, i do not find myself cursing at the world and wondering God o God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?...i guess i've come to accept the fact that by initially choosing to go to university, you have actually unwittingly signed off your soul. it's like handing over a piece of paper to your university administration and going, "Here's my life, you can write it off".

Ah..sweet revelation.

Anyway, most of you may already know this but i'm not living in Cherrybrook anymore..! I'm currently 10 mins walking distance away from my lecture halls and i'm loving every second of it. I'm sharing a 2-bedroom apartment with this Singaporean girl who's real nice but a little quiet.. but i'm confident i can change that..hohoho. I have my own bathroom (ensuite la) and my own balcony! This means i can now walk out stark naked from the shower into my room, fling open (ok..i can't fling open, i can draw the blinds) the balcony door and say "Hello World!" in a proud and assertive way with my arms akimbo. Perfect. I'd have done this in Cherrybrook except that the neighbours are never in.

ANYWAY...what i wanna say is this:

I can SO SOOOO see myself having alco parties and ending the night stoning with my back against the balcony wall, sitting on the floor.

Oh, Life of A Tertiary Student...you are finally within my grasp.

And since i'm perfect and flawless AND i left my camera's battery charger in my room in Kajang..i shall now post backdated pictures. I am beyond comprehension.

In no particular order, reasons why i will be able to get through this year:











And Natasha Shariff, guess who i bumped into one night?
woi...don't call me emo la.

4 Comments:

At 3/12/07, 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that Brian Wang?

Wah lan! Same name as Brian Huang!

 
At 3/12/07, 11:38 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

yea..that IS brian wang..you know him?

lol..so do you have similar sentiments about brian wang as you do brian huang?

 
At 3/13/07, 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nola.... I don't have similar sentinments towards Ah Wang.

Yeah he was my classmate once

 
At 3/17/07, 2:26 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

nice try eugene..but it's completely unrelated to brian..the emoness i mean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home