Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Advertorial.

My mother was born on 14 February 1950. Which makes her a Valentine's baby. 36 years later, she gave birth to me.

Let me be brutally honest here. I have never EVER celebrated Valentine's Day in true Valentine's Day-Hallmark Edition-Style. I have never EVER had someone call me up a week or even a few days prior to Valentine's Day to ask me out for dinner. I have never EVER dressed up and died in anticipation for someone to come pick me up for dinner on Valentine's Day. I have never EVER received a bouquet of flowers nor a box of chocolates for Valentine's Day (ok, maybe I have received a stalk of rose back when I was in kindergarten but that doesn't count).

Every Valentine's Day for the past 20 Valentine's Day I have spent it with my mom and dad..because we go out for her birthday dinner. Not that I'm saying that her birthday celebration is the very reason why I have never had a Valentine's Day-Hallmark Edition-Style Valentine's Day.

The hearthbreaking truth: No one's ever asked me out.

BWAH! *sniffs tear away*

Should I be bothered. No. YES..! I mean..No. Oh fuck.

Anyone looking to earn points to enter Heaven? Come give me a call and bring me out on Valentine's Day. I promise I won't eat nor drink too much. Maybe I'll just have a salad. I meant, a FRUIT salad. I'll be really economical, I promise. And you don't have to bother with those chocolates...I'm trying to keep my weight under control.

Anyone? Heaven points?

9 Comments:

At 1/31/07, 5:31 PM, Blogger archobyz said...

OMG you just wrote what's in my mind. i never EVER had a true blue valentine's day date too!!! i'm dying to have one before i turn 21..... *sob*

 
At 1/31/07, 9:56 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

hahahaha..ok..i wish you all the best ms chin! i shall pray for you tonight.

 
At 1/31/07, 11:47 PM, Blogger galnexdor said...

ahhaha

shit la mel...u just depicted how sad MY life has been also...

now im gonna go to a corner and cry to myself...

 
At 2/1/07, 1:10 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

aiyo! what is this wei!! why la all the girls telling me that they're not having THE Valentine's Day? shit..GUYS please comment.

but yea..karen, i don't know la..maybe boys ARE stupid. oops.

 
At 2/2/07, 4:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sure go drinking wan

 
At 2/2/07, 9:22 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

no i wont! i keep my word ok?

 
At 2/2/07, 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

to let you know, i have never gone on a valentines date either ... kinda sad really,even though im only 18 (and a half) iv still got 2 years ahead of you hehehe

if you were on teh Sunshine Coast in Queensland this feb 14th ... then you might have gotten a call, been picked up from home in a limo (with chanpagne) with a bunch of lovely red roses and a box of Lindt chocolates, then taken to a 5-star restuarant for a 3-course meal, then
to the hotel room for soem fun ;)

that is my valentines dream ... sadly it has never come true

 
At 2/3/07, 12:53 AM, Blogger evil yun said...

MEL!!! same 'ere!!! sob sob....

Guys are blind.. seriously blind... hahahhaa

 
At 2/3/07, 12:59 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

james: hahahaha..mmmm..sounds like a great date..don't worry, when you're 21 there'll be so many girls to choose from you'd be at a lost.

yun: yoosh! *sep*..sigh..guys are..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home