Friday, November 18, 2005

HomeComing Queen 2005

My stint in Sydney will end in less than 17 hours.

It’s amazing, ain’t it? How quickly time passes by. At first all you did was stare at it, urging it to pick up its speed. You cheer it on, you encourage it to move as fast as it possibly could. Then one day, you find that time has taken heed of all your urgings and has left you far behind. Time moved so fast that before you knew it, it was gone.

That’s how I feel of the past 9 months. It came and it left. Soundlessly.

Ok. Hmmm… I’m really not sure who reads my blog. But I do get constantly surprised. Hahahaha…they sometimes come up to me and say, “Melanie, I read your internet site, it’s good!” and I’m left flabbergasted wondering how they found out about it. Then they give me a coy smile and walk away and I’m left wondering… “Uh-oh…was there something that I wrote that was not meant to be seen by family??” yes… It’s rather perplexing sometimes.

Ok, so to all my relatives in Sydney, by the time you read this, I’ll probably either be in the plane, or I’d already have touched down in KL. I know none of you are up past 12 midnight except for Tammy and maybe David. Hahahaha…

Just a quick note to say THANKS! Thanks for looking after me during the whole time that I was here. Thanks for getting me copious amounts of cooked prawns from Woolworths because you knew that I loved it. Thanks for dropping me off and picking me up from Penant Hills train station even though sometimes it’s past 12 midnight *winkwink*. Thanks for all the lifts to uni…that saved me at least AUD100. I swear. Erm…just thanks all around!

It’ll be 3 months before I see all of you again…I’m not too sure if that’s a blessing in itself…

Alright… my next destination…

HOME

The Moon was a bright white light
When i started penning my thoughts
Orion's Belt laid East
Of the source of radiance
And my room was bathed with its
Pure light.
Now the bright white light is gone
and Orion's Belt is no more
the Earth is once again
Enveloped in darkness
and when i peer out again
All i see is you
Comforting Star.

2 Comments:

At 11/19/05, 2:13 AM, Blogger tammeegoreng said...

:) yes im up and its 2:40am. not too bad!!! you shouldve arrived a few hours ago....

it was no problem smelly, i only wish i couldve been there for u more often. but im glad i got to take u out atleast a few times....

ARGHHHHH IM SO ENVIOUS OF U RIGHT NOW IMAGINING U WITH THE ABANG AND THE ROTI TISSUE AND ICE KACANG.

 
At 11/21/05, 2:24 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

gahahahaha..
that was some good roti sardin, tamz..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home