Sunday, February 13, 2005

On the big Bird...

I’m on the plane now… there’s still about a bit more than an hour till we land at Sydney airport…

Anyway, there’s this incredible view from the window of the plane… the morning atmosphere looks completely different in the sky compared to the ones we see on land… The air seems divided by an invisible line; the top bit orangey and aflame whilst the bottom bit is dark… really impressive..awe-inspiring..etc..

Anyway, my parting at KLIA quite astonished me… for a thing, I didn’t cry… I wonder why.. I always thought that when I left for studies I’d be so overwhelmed with emotion… but it just wasn’t that… I was so busy taking photos with my friends who came.. (Richard, Andy, Abby, Elaine, Claudia, Eevonne and Seh Wen…thanks for coming!!) Even my cousins from Banting turned out to send me off… but… nothing… no feelings of sadness… OK, maybe I did feel a bit sad but not as sad a degree as the situation called for… understand? Maybe I was right… I think my brain is a bit slow in registering the fact that I won’t be seeing another Malaysian sky until at least 9 months later… my brain still thinks that it’s going on a holiday… Amazing, huh? Give me a few more weeks and maybe the full realization will dawn on me…


us in the car on our way to the airport...


elaine and the rest playin around with us..

Was looking at all my things this.. or actually, yesterday morning.. when I woke up, I kept repeating the phrase “the last time I’ll ever…” over and over again… in the toilet, in my room, everywhere… sounds morbid… it even scared myself…it’s not like I’m not ever gonna be going home right? I mean, I’ll still be going home in November… won’t i? Yes, definitely.. I’ll be going home… hmmm… reassuring myself… that’s not a good sign…

It’s really dawn now and the whole sky is aflamed… seriously.. it’s so bright outside.. Finally a good sign, perhaps?


beautiful, huh?

Oh yea. Back to my friends… it was really nice of them to send me off.. all 7 of them… Abby was telling me to drink like a whore on the plane.. yes.. those were her exact words.. we are given a choice of wines, aperitifs, cocktails, liqueurs etc… bourbon, campari, drambuei, screwdrivers, bloody marys… I never knew MAS served such beverages… anyway, back to the question at hand… I was about to get myself a taste of ‘plane wine’ but put off the idea.. I didn’t want to seem like an alcoholic, portraying a bad image to the twomen sitting beside me… an Aussie and a Chinese… no, I’m not about to send a bad image of myself even before I step into a new country… so sorry Abby… I did NOT drink… not even close to a whore… hehehehe…


All of them coming to say goodbye!

I mean, HOW COULD I NOT HAVE CRIED!!?? Crying was totally called for but I didn’t do it… does this mean that I have no feelings? That’s what my mom always tells me.. that I have less feeling than everyone else compared… I don’t want to be indifferent… I’d prefer to feel like I cared whether I’m going…

Drat..and I left my jacket at home.. it’s lying on my bed… thank god I hugged all my pillows before I left… I’m gonna miss my room the most… the smells…warmth, comfort.. everything…

We’re nearing Orange now.. that’s where my cousin lives.. with Joshua and her new about-to-come baby… hehehehe.. that’s where I’ll be going in a few days… living in the country on a ranch… Yeah!! Outback Jane!! Catch myself a few kangaroos and emus… I don’t want be changed when I come back… My friends were telling me that they want the same Melanie that came from E112 Lorong Jati Perak 1… the same Melanie they knew since they were wee little kids in school.. the Melanie without any other accent except the ‘Malaysia-la’ accent… I sincerely hope so too.. I don’t want to come back changed.. I want to be just as I am now…but I know that’s gonna be tough…since I’m surrounded all over by Aussies… I don’t want an Aussie accent!!!

Till November then, I guess.. ciaos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home