Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I want my hair back!!

Today.. i did the silliest thing imaginable.. ok maybe it wasn't that silly.. but to me now.. it is.. quite..actually.. VERY..

i had my hair cut.. yep.. that's all about it.. i had my hair cut.. now i regret it.

for the past few weeks.. i've been wanting to have a trim before i leave for sydney .. my cousins were telling me that the price for getting a haircut there is 3 times the price here .. so definitely me being the scrooge of the family, i had to get my hair done la.

sitting in front of the mirror at the hairdresser's was really scary.. he walked in and fastened his belt; containing all his scissors and gadgetries, around his waist and turned to me and started jabbering away in mandarin. it turns out that Mr Siao Chai is Taiwanese and mandarin's his mother tongue..so you can imagine a Melanie Ho sitting there trying to comprehend what he was saying and trying to describe to him what kinda cut i wanted..luckily for me, Elaine was there.. she was my translator.. without her, i think the damage would've been worse.

without further ado..Mr Siao Chai took the liberty os snipping off my fringe first with a great big *SCHNIAP* it was a cross between a *snip* and a *schapp*

from then on..it was just all the way through.. my became shorter and shorter..moving away from the original picture of just a simple trim .. the finished product was a much shorter and layered hairdo that really reminds me of Chihiro's haircut from Spirited Away (at least that's what my cuz said)

the thing is .. hairdresser's don't normally do what the customers want them to do .. they follow their own instincts .. which can turn out to be pretty bad sometimes..actually..make that all of the time.. Mr Siao Chai knew that i wanted it long..at least still in keeping with my original length .. and he even cut out a bit at first to reassure me of the length of the trim he's about to make .. but i guess being in control of the scissors had a profound effect on him and he forgot about the trim and moved on to the drastic-change mode..ok..maybe not drastic change..but HEY!! it still looks pretty drastic to me!


Final Products: Tammy, Elaine and Me .. Check out how straight my hair is!!

ah well.. for now.. i'm just gonna go to sleep and hopefully when i wake up..my whole outlook about the new hair-do will change..PUH-LEEZE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home