Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas 2011

There are 9 days to go before Christmas!! I hate to say it, but I'm actually really looking forward to celebrating Christmas on station this year. There is a tradition at Davis where everyone gets together and plays Secret Santa for each other - and I pulled a good friend's name out of the hat this year. I'm quite excited about the present I am about to make for him, and it will also be the first time I've ever made anything remotely carpentry-y in my life. I hope it turns out well.

ALSO, knowing that so many of my old friends were returning with me, I got together a whole bunch of gifts before I left. I'm not sure why I'm so excited seeing as I'm the one giving presents and not actually receiving any (yet), however I guess it is that spirit of Giving and seeing the delight wash over their faces when they open it that gets me going each time. I'm kinda bummed that I won't be at home (AGAIN) to celebrate Christmas, but I can safely say that this will be the last Christmas I will have to miss at E112 Lorong Jati Perak 1.

Anyway, back to the presents - I am very excited. At the risk of boasting, I gotta say, I think the presents that I'm giving away are AWESOME. I wish someone would give me those presents for Christmas. Not too sure what I'll be getting this year - it seems like there is a Christmas fairy on station, because the first year I received an electronic Sudoku machine that I loved to bits. And last year, I got myself my very own Leatherman (which is like a Swiss Army knife, but used by tradespeople), which was odd because the weeks leading up to Christmas I had been saying to Jess over and over again that I would LOVE to have a Leatherman on me to make our lives easier.

Also, I'm looking forward to the Christmas feast that we will be indulging once again: lobsters, cooked prawns, oysters, roast pork, roast ham, christmas pastries AHHHHHH...

Ok la, here's a Merry Christmas to those who still read my blog occasionally. Click on the picture for a bigger version to see if you can spot me.




MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 Comments:

At 12/23/11, 8:40 PM, Blogger Pui Yan said...

yeah..i spot your miserable face which you chose the centre of the picture mia..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home