Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Jackette of all trades

My apologies for being such a whiny little bitch about work for the last couple of weeks or so. I'm almost certain that everyone has had bad days at 'the office' hence I was not actually adding anything valuable to the debate, but merely stoking the flames of discontent.

The upcoming Monday will be my third class for MBLG, and after re-reading the demonstrator notes, it doesn't seem so bad anymore. In a way, I'm actually looking forward to the class because the prac for this fortnight seems easy and straight-forward enough.

If anything, the teaching jobs I've taken up since returning to Sydney have taught me to pick up and (re)-learn things at an astonishing rate. I am now adequately capable in teaching students about the neural control of flight circuitry in locusts, non-Mendelian patterns of inheritance and, specifically, sex-linked genes and the white-eye recessive phenotype in fruit-flies, the many uses of spectrophotometry, and now, the clinical importance of LDH assays in determining whether or not you have hepatitis (a drunk) or a heart-attack (lover of bacon and McDonalds). Both characteristics, of course and scarily, fit me to a T.

As you can perhaps deduce by now, there is not a single thing related to marine science. But that's ok. I'm (kind-of) enjoying learning new things. And the money's good. So the world is all right and back in balance again.

I have 2.5 weeks before I fly out of Sydney and straight into the waiting and willing arms of Kajang satay, E112 and Malaysia. AND I CAN'T WAIT! The packing's going alright. I have enough boxes to build me a land bridge to Melbourne and the AAD can go fuck itself (and by that I mean I've sorted out 83% of what is needed for the trip already).

Happy days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home