Friday, July 29, 2011

Winter of 2011 done the Melbourne way.

I'm trying to get back into the habit of writing about my travels and escapades. I was randomly flipping through my older blog posts and realised how much I enjoyed reading about the traveling shit I've done in the past. Just looking at those photos again is enough to bring a smile to my face and a melancholy sigh to lips - where did all the good times go??

No matter. I can always start anew again. Anyway, if you haven't already guessed it already (and if you really didn't get it, shame on you) I was in Melbourne for a solid 10 days. Melbourne is so awesome. I feel like I can't repeat it enough - Melbourne really IS awesome. I sat down at one of the tables in one of the many rooftop bars that dot the Melbournian skyline, and a friend said to me, You know, you belong to Melbourne. You are more Melbournian than a lot of the people who actually live here.

Well put, Lolli.

Anyway, pictures are up - these are just some of my favouritest shots that I took whilst I was there and they are arranged in chronological order. I'll probably do a running commentary (or not, depending on how I feel) but it's all pretty self-explanatory.



Flinders Street Station. Possibly one of the most iconic buildings in Melbourne, apart from the doorway of Oldtown Kopitiam in downtown Chinatown. True story.



You + Me won't be unhappy. One of the best pick-up lines I have ever, and will ever, come across in my life.



The Royal Exhibition Hall where lucky University of Melbourne students sometimes get the privilege of sitting in for exams.






Where Lolli uttered those fateful words. I think --- I will try my hardest to make it come true. Promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home