Tuesday, September 02, 2008

lord knows i'll never call myself tolerant - i'm the least tolerant person by far, quick to anger and highly impatient. yet i often find myself tolerating the most inappropriate behaviours, actions and situations and for the life of me, i just can't seem to understand why!

however, there's one thing that i DO NOT tolerate at all, and that's when my time gets wasted either by myself (yes i launch into anger tirades against myself too) or by someone else - whether it be my friends or even my mom (unfortunately, she has a tendency to 'waste my time' sometimes too).

and so, here's a tip. you are wasting my time if you:

(a) are on the verge of telling me something and then you cut it and say, Oh never mind la, it's nothing.

or

(b) initiate a conversation (hello) and then disappear. and then when i get tired of waiting and tell you that this is shit i'm leaving now goodbye, you say, oh ok, bye without any further explanation.

i have to say that i am guilty of indulging in (a) occasionally because i can't help this streak of mischief in me - i like to cause mild frustration because, c'mon, it's healthy to get the blood pumping a little! and i always end up telling after 2 seconds of saying oh nothing la anyway.

HOWEVER, i have never ever EVER been guilty of committing (b) but lord knows i've had it committed to me plenty of times. plenty. and each time someone does that to me, i wish the person a thousands deaths by a thousand cuts and they subsequently lose a little bit of my respect and esteem that i hold them in too. each time it happens, that loss of respect builds until finally, i have no more respect for you and you cease to become a friend, and nay, not even an acquaintance.

so here's another tip to complement the first tip: if you want to initiate a conversation yet you know that you can't expand upon it because you have to run away, slipped and knocked your head unconscious or just can't be fucked to talk anymore, DON'T. save yourself the hassle, and save me some of my time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home