Thursday, August 21, 2008

Week 24: Pain.

my guess is that someone or something read the previous post and decided that i should see the true heaven for myself before actually describing what it's like.

because this morning (or rather, afternoon) i woke up with a huge pounding headache. the kind that threatens to split your skull apart. the kind that throbs and throbs and fucking THROBS till no end. the kind that makes you feel as though you've got all this stored and pent up pressure and tension building in your head that a pinprick might just cause it to explode. the kind that makes listening to A Passing Afternoon akin to 10 elephants each with 10 monkeys on its back stomping about a hollow wooden floor because there is a mouse running amongst them (refer to Dumbo; mouse + elephant = nono).

the kind that makes you wish you had a gun so you could put a bullet straight through you right temple and out your left just so that the misery can be relieved.

i am not exaggerating...it is that bad. i'm all prepared to meet my maker now.

i'm also guessing that i'll be coming down with influenza a little later on. my eyes are hot and smarts. my skin hurts with every touch. my bones ache. my throat is dry and scratchy. i feel like i'm the walking soon-to-be grim reaper just because i shuffle and wheeze and cough and most times, i'm furiously pounding the side of my head.

i hope i get admitted into hospital because then the annual OSHC membership that i've been paying for for four (wtf?) years now will finally be of use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home