Thursday, July 24, 2008

Week 20: The victorian week that was.

the last time i was at Southern Cross Station in Melbourne, it was sunny, warm and i had someone to meet me. this time around, i was met only by cold winds and rain. a very gloomy start, i thought to myself while pulling up into the station.

bad and unpredictable weather aside, my latest trip to melbourne was much needed and well-called for. each time i visit, my conviction for making melbourne my home if ever i were to stay in australia becomes strengthened. nothing can express just how much i love melbourne! I LOVE MELBOURNE! i love melbourne more than i love sydney take that you smelly over-crowded over-rated city.

i didn't really do much this time around. i didn't even take a lot of pictures...i only have all 27 of it and out of that 27, only one had my face. so what exactly did i do? well, i slept late and woke up later, did a bit of shopping, meandered about melbourne cbd by myself some of the days, caught up with friends, met new people (who were all really really nice!), ate a lot, talked a lot, talked shit a lot and just generally hung out.


now you know why i'm such an alcoholic - i'm surrounded by them!

i guess this time being my third time here, i wasn't too stressed about playing tourist - i just needed a break from the mundane i.e. lab-life in sydney boohoohoo.

oh well. i had a great time. i think i might have had too much sleep but who gives a fuck? sleep is always good. thanks emo nimo for letting me stay over!


chris, nimo and step sending me off...HAPPY (no la that time i was actually quite quite sad)! kesian chris had to carry my very heavy countryroad bag all the way from 1909 to southern cross cos nimo had a tummy ache. thanks man!

and like always, the end of a vacation brings over a slight case of depression haha it's terrible la coming back to an empty house (housemate's gone to the snow) after spending 5 days in an apartment that had at least 4 people MINIMUM at any one time! i'm missing all the loud voices and laughter and shit-talking sigh.



melbourne, i'm coming back for you!

4 Comments:

At 7/29/08, 11:31 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

a bit short..but oh well...at least u were here...

 
At 8/1/08, 1:23 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

hahahaha...don't worry i'll lengthen my subsequent trip!

 
At 8/3/08, 9:50 PM, Blogger tammeegoreng said...

awww the trust country road bag we got you!! :D

 
At 8/3/08, 9:55 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

HAHAHA yea it's been put to good use!! i've brought it along with me to melbourne AND coffs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home