Saturday, December 01, 2007

why i am not home yet.

around this time every year for the past 2 years, i'd be safely ensconced back in my own house..snuggled up against my pillow on my king-sized bed. i'd also probably have had my very own plate of roti-sardin-tak-mau-bawang from the local mamak stall, catching up with my friends over a cup of teh o ais limau.

instead, i'm still here in good old Sydney. a consequence of me taking up a summer research project funded by the university which is set to run for 8 weeks. i'll only be back on 20 or 21 January...God-willing, i'm hoping it to be by 15 January.

at first i was all buzzed and hyped about this summer programme. but now that all my friends are flying home one by one (some of whom are my closest are already home), i'm left wondering if i'd actually made the right choice. when i think about how everyone is back home and i'm not, i just feel like kicking myself in the nuts...if i had any, that is.

two more months to burn before i finally get myself out of here...let's hope that this summer will be a memorable one. after all, this will be the year that i will not only have NOT celebrated my 21st birthday with my parents and close friends, it will also be the year where i'll not be celebrating both Christmas AND ushering the New Year (2008, that is) with my parents as well as with the kajang posse and the sexayhood.

great times. sigh.

4 Comments:

At 12/2/07, 1:01 AM, Blogger Gene said...

you have a king sized bed? i know, not the point of the post =p

 
At 12/2/07, 2:58 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

haha..that's ok. i'm right proud of my king sized bed AHH!

 
At 12/6/07, 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

R u sure its king sized? Or maybe in relation to ur tiny frame, it seems king sized? haha..

 
At 12/6/07, 9:50 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

HAHA! it IS king-sized!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home