Monday, August 07, 2006

When we don't write or call.

You may tire of me as our December sun is setting
Cos I'm not who I used to be.

Me:
So sad la, I feel as though our groups of friends is breaking apart.
Me gone. You gone. TPL gone.
Andy gone with the girlfriend.

Elaine:
Yea.
Tinggal Abby alone.

Me:
Abby and Claudia not talking to each other.
HAIH.
What went wrong?

Elaine:
Yea.
But if we try to keep in touch through MSN mai won't break apart lor.

Me:
*gloom settling in* Yea..

Elaine:
Hey...you remember when we were in Lobo's (Claudia's) house last time?
I dunno who said...when all of us finish Form 5, we're all gonna have our own paths.
We won't be so close anymore.

Me:
Oh...yea.
I sorta remember someone saying that.

Elaine:
Then, I didn't believe...I rejected the idea.
I said...Won't break apart wan...
Now, I'm starting to believe.

Me:
Hmm..buatkan aku sentimental dan jiwang jer...
Yea, I realised it last year.
When I saw you guys all having fun at your birthdays and other things and I wasn't there.
*cry*
Felt damn left out ok?

Elaine:
Ehh...your blog always cerita kawan2 kolej.
I thought you boobs lupakan bra edi ok?
I started to realise from there.

Me:
Eh..mana ada?
Just so happens that my kawan2 kolej are in Sydney too.

Elaine:
You know why friends break apart from Form 5?

Me:
Cos everyone pursues their own dreams.
The glue that held us together when we were in secondary school dried and slowly cracked up the moment we walked out the hall of our last SPM paper.

Elaine:
Yea.
And we start to have new friends.
You and TPL have your OB friends. I have my college friends. TPL has her NS and college friends. You have your college friends too.
And we start to have girlfriends and boyfriends.
Life is like that.

Me:
Yalar!!
ishish...tak syok betul.

Elaine:
Hahaha..we have to realise then only we can accept the truth.

it has been too long since i last sat down and had a good laugh with all of you. 7 years of friendship, laughs, jokes and good times should be strong enough to prevent us from drifting apart and becoming indifferent.

so now i'm gonna extol on their every single virtue and why they were my friends when i was 13 and are my friends now that i'm 20 and hopefully will still be my friends when i'm old and wrinkly and wondering where i left my keys.


ABBY! Years: 13.

Catholic konon. i bet you've done everything that Jesus said NO to...that's why when i'm in doubt about where i stand as a catholic myself, i look towards you as my role model and ponder upon that all famous question:

What Would Abby Do?


ANDY! Years: 20.

You played Barbie dolls with me when we were kiddies...wheeehehehe...someone's gotta find out one day.


CLAUDIA! Years: 13.

Yet another Catholic. You stuck through me when Abby (that bitch) boycotted me when we were 9...i'm still thankful.


DARREN! Years: 10.

That's right. the biggest poser-punk-rockstar you will have ever met. thanks to you, i learnt that the birds and bees were bullshit at a tender age of 10.


DOM! Years: 8.

Fucker you damn lansi edi. i still don't understand why i willingly assume the role as your driver whenever we go out to yum-cha even though you broke my camera, made the teacher confiscate my basketball and tore up my confirmation letter for the Pengawas excursion right in front of my eyes. You BITCH.


ELAINE! Years: 8.

I think i've talked too much about you on my blog. I don't want people to think we're lesbian partners. but you know i *heart* you.


PUI YAN! Years: 8.

i also don't understand why you put up with me even though i kept falling asleep beside you when we were in class and giving you all the random and sudden bites on your arm. Ah...was it because i always made you laugh so hard that your face turned red?


TPL! Years: 8.

Maha lansi!! but still, I *heart* my PohChai! i think you were the only one to truly layan all my antics; from pranking the seniors to all the dares to playing kejar-kejar on a muddy field. but why oh why must you always steal all the guys' attentions from me, Elaine, Abby, Pui Yan..etcetc..????

Cheese crackers and smelly turtles.


The Twins! Years: 13.

Look carefully, i swear they're two different people. Fun, dirty-minded, loud, uncouth, SHORT...and in a double dose too.


WONG! Years: 8.

Thanks to you, i realised what the term mad scientist meant. can't deny the genius that lurks within you though...and that's what makes it so unbelievable; your dead-pan expressions while drawing ham-sup comics on one hand and tackling add-maths questions on the other.

sigh...just looking through this pictures bring back fond memories...i don't think i've ever laughed as much and as hard as when i'm around you guys.

i miss you all.

6 Comments:

At 8/8/06, 12:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh mel...u hav no idea how much i miss those time we use to have back then...tat time i was like "mel!!!stop biting me!..yer....your saliva..."...but i do miss those moments..i miss sitting beside u where u like to sleep on my lap eventhough i keep pushing u away when i was doin my wrk..i miss the times when we hav fun eating sachet of tomato,chili sauce,salt n pepper at the field while ...actually why r we so free huh?..haha cant rememeber tat part..i just remember i had to eat that yucky tomato sauce..in fact just swollowing it...haha...it was just memories tat can never b forgotten...i'll not 4get u..i still send u mails once in awhile..missing u!!^^

 
At 8/8/06, 1:20 AM, Blogger Oil Central said...

PFFFT!!!! "Boobs lupakan bra?!"

 
At 8/8/06, 10:59 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

Yanyan ARR!! hahaha..it's good that we have all these memories to think back and laugh over...and seriously, i'm very thankful that i had you all in the same class..it made everything more special..

*HUGS*

when we come back, we'll talk and gossip and laugh like we did last time, and maybe i'll give you a bite or two just so you can remember me..

 
At 8/8/06, 11:00 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

laaa..waiking, it's like kacang lupakan kulit la. kajang-style.

 
At 8/10/06, 12:38 AM, Blogger tammeegoreng said...

it's part of growing up smelly! hold on tight to the ones who you treasure, but if they choose to slip away, then that is just life. i have 3 good friends! that is good enough! so sad from all the friends i used to have in high school, but its ok :D

and there's always your smelly, ugly, annoying family, who you can bite whenever you want to be a spoilt little brat :D

too bad they're older now and will smack you in the head.

 
At 8/10/06, 12:31 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

yea..i guess the quantity of friends doesn't matter in the end..it's the quality.

eh, yap yee leng, you were also the 'yong sui' girl, ok?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home