Tuesday, February 21, 2006

We need some sunshine and Barbie Dolls.

Do you know Elliot Smith..?
Yes. I bet you didn't.
Neither did I, actually.
It's just that I've suddenly been hit by this indie-rock bug.
I can't stop.

I never really had a problem because I'm leaving
But everything reminds me of him this evening
So if I seem a little out of it, sorry
But why should I lie?
Everything reminds me of him

The spin of the earth impaled a silhouette of the sun on the steeple
And I got to hear the same sermon all the time now from you people
Why are you staring into outer space, crying?
Just because you came across it, and lost it
Everything reminds me of him


Suddenly, everyone hates you when you're attached. Ok, quit pointing those fingers already!! i know, i've written posts about girl-boy-relationships and how i don't like it if the girl in the picture isn't me..(teehhee..i'm trying to be cute)..but seriously, i've been getting a heap of bad vibes now...and it ain't pretty.

poor thing...i don't hate you...but others do. and if you know what's best...just...try to be what you were before. there's enough hate and bitterness to go around and it'll be best if we didn't add anymore oil to the ever-consuming fire...

oh, philosophy...how i love thee.

but yes..i'm sure they can't help it if they're completely-utterly-in-love-with-their-significant-one...and so what if they begin to abandon us? i mean..come on..chilling a bit, can anot??? give the poor thing a break...

the unfortunate thing is, The Wonder of Love only lasts for a few months...4 at the most. then the blissful couple will slip back into ordinary-not-lovey-dovey mode. then you'll have the poor thing back to normal.

so..wait a bit la. let those-who-are-attached have their bit of romance..leave them alone...then all will be well.

I'll fake it through the day
With some help from johnny walker red
Send the poison rain down the drain
To put bad thoughts in my head
Two tickets torn in half
And a lot of nothing to do
Do you miss me, miss misery
Like you say you do?

A man in the park
Read the lines in my hand
Told me i'm strong
Hardly ever wrong i said man you mean

You had plans for both of us
That involved a trip out of town
To a place i've seen in a magazine
That you left lying around
I don't have you with me but
I keep a good attitude
Do you miss me, miss misery
Like you say you do?

I know you'd rather see me gone
Than to see me the way that i am
But i am in the life anyway
Next door the tv's flashing
Blue frames on the wall
It's a comedy of errors, you see
It's about taking a fall
To vanish into oblivion
Is easy to do
And i try to be but you know me
I come back when you want me to
Do you miss me miss misery
Like you say you do?


Faking and longing/missing go hand-in-hand...what's with emo songs anyway? what happened to groups like Aqua???

4 Comments:

At 2/22/06, 3:13 AM, Blogger galnexdor said...

aqua's emo too...

*sings* if only i can turn back timeeeeee

hehe...well, its not that we(single unattached people) hate attahced one...its just jealousy...i'm willing to admit it...and the loneliness that comes after....followed by self pity...and....u know the story....=)

 
At 2/22/06, 3:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess emo is so big now simply because a lot of people can connect on a personal level with the messages imparted via those songs, simple as the songs may be.

 
At 2/22/06, 3:51 PM, Blogger domesticated goddess said...

hahahha.... im on the path of revival,slowly gonna make my heart thy own again, no longer are my moods gonna be dominated by what he said to me, by how he remembered or forgot to sms me... Im my own woman and I belong to no one but me!

 
At 2/23/06, 4:38 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

3 interesting explanations to a rant...i love all of thee!

but yes..i've sorta given up on being jealous etc over attached people...it's just too much a waste of time..and..yea..

let's all emo-emo together.

your heart is thine own...but is that what you really want?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home