Tuesday, February 07, 2006

My dad thinks he's funny.

Okok...he IS funny...sometimes...ok, maybe most of the times. ok. if you could hear me now, pretend that you're hearing me say that in a very half-hearted, grudgingly kinda way.

msn excerpt:
God shall score.
the way you talk about your dad, it paints a super funny picture of him
susu-atari
hahahaha
what do you mean?
God shall score.
not only what you said just now, but also the part on your blog where you said he doesn't let you go out
susu-atari
oh
hahahaha
ok
God shall score.
My perception of him now is he is some really big, loud voiced man who likes to roar.

ok. let's clear some things up. my dad DOES roar. he does...i'm serious. he roars. but that's just basically all that he does. he just roars...then goes to sleep. or gets a can of beer out of the fridge. or goes to play golf. yea. that's about it. talking to him sometimes makes me wonder...about nothing in particular..it just makes me wonder.

On the eve of CNY:
Pa: Tomorrow your mom wants to go to Auntie Poon's house to visit.
Me: But tomorrow is chor yat...i thought we normally go to Po-po's house??
Pa: Your mom said edi. Cannot change wan...
Me: ??
Pa: You see right, your mom is like Hitler. What she says, we must follow. No questions asked.
Pa: Or else ar, we'll get the death sentence.
Pa: She'll send us to detention camp.
Me: Concentration camp la.
Pa: Oh..yaya..that's what i said la. Concentration.
Me: laughs all the way to Seremban.

And then recently a friend of his came back from the great US of A and my dad got him to buy one of those Livestrong bands...which we tried to tell him that it could be bought in Malaysia as well but no...he said...I WANT THE ONE FROM AMERICA.

sheesh...sucker for status.

anyway, 2 days into his proud little yellow band, he comes up to me and says:

Pa: Eh girl, nice anot my band?
Me: *grunts*...go away...i'm watching tv.
Pa: Eh, see la! Nice anot?
...
Pa: Eh, if i wear this right, does it make me look like GAY??
Me: Yaya...damn gay.
Me: Eh!! I'm watching tv lar!!!
...
Pa: Very gay izzit?
Pa: Sits in front of the tv and starts to ponder...

ALRIGHT!! I just checked. He's still wearing it folks!! i guess gay is not an issue for him.

Aaahhh...well...i think that's one thing i'll miss when i'm back in Sydney...my dad's twisted sense of humour...sigh...i think i know where i got mine from.

It's all in the genes, yo.

I'm a Daddy's Girl!!

2 Comments:

At 2/7/06, 4:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahah this is the funnniest post I've read on your blog so far. The second funniest was the one where you described how your father ROARED when you wanted to go out.
He really really sounds very funny la. The part where he describes your mom as a draconian hitler is EXACTLY what my dad says about my mom. :)

 
At 2/7/06, 7:57 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

hahahaha..yess! someone understands!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home