Monday, June 20, 2011

For the past 2 weeks or so, Sydney has been receiving a hammering from the heavens in the form of bucket-loads of rain pouring forth from the sky. It was rain as you’ve never seen it before. So you can understand my amazement when, upon arriving home from an Ocean Acidification Symposium that I attended in Canberra, there was not a single drop of rain to be found! This amazing weather has been continuing for a few days or so and today was no exception.


Josh and Ben, who are 11 and 6 respectively...HOW TIME FLIES! I still remember them in diapers and now, they're fighting over chickens.

Today was a Good day. It was a Blue Sky day. It was a Not a Cloud in the Sky day. It was a Cool Breeze Sighing through the Tangles of Your Hair day. And it was amazing. Amidst all the gloom and cold and wetness of the past few weeks, the weather gods decided to bestow upon Sydney a last-minute glimpse of Summer.

I like days like these.

Recently, a rather interesting matter developed in my life. I may, perhaps, be given a chance to start a new life in a new city, depending on if I want to take that chance or not, of course. I am – naturally – quite excited about this new development as it has been something that I’ve always had my mind on. However, as you know with Life, one thing often leads to another and dreams and ambitions get left behind. Nothing concrete yet has been decided upon and of course, such a life-changing decision will require many different factors coming and working together. I will keep you posted though, and IF that self-migration does occur, you’ll be sure to know.


Labmates and I at the Ocean Acidification Symposium in Canberra.

It’s not something that I’ve told a lot of people, in fact, I’ve only told ONE person, however that person is the equivalent of CNN (or GNN, rather) hence the news has sort of leaked out a little. I guess the reason for my wanting to keep it quiet and on the low-down is that I do not want to attract too much attention to it and possibly have it blow up in my face.

Anywho, time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home