Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Malaysian 2010 Two-weeker.



i realise that i haven't actually written anything about my most recent trip back to malaysia. it all happened at such a whirlwind-pace that by the time i had screamed out, 'HELLO MALAYSIA', it was time to say goodbye. all in all, i was back in the motherland for a grand total of 2 weeks - however they were a 2 weeks very well spent.



i can't even begin to explain just how good my trip was. it was awesome meeting up with the gang again, considering that now EVERYONE is back in malaysia except me le sigh.



it was also really nice spending some time back home with the folks. it was a little strange (and totally shocking) to think that i had been away from home for about 1.5 years (or more) and that the last time i had seen my dad was during my graduation, which was in May of '09. TOO LONG!




truth be told, though, i didn't really get up to my usual Summer-Holiday antics of clubs, pubs, dancing and late nights. i spent a lot of time at home and with the parentals just because i wanted to (and also because all my friends are working now la HAHAHA and have no time left for me).





however, one thing remains the same: each trip only further strengthens my convictions that malaysia is where i want to be in the long run. my friends, my family, the life that i am used to, the old coffeeshops that i go to for my breakfasts, lunches and dinners, the hot glorious weather - they all belong here! i thought that time spent abroad would dilute my 'patriotic' spirit, but no. malaysia is where i want to spend the rest of my life in. ideally, i would probably travel the world and work my way through it, all the while earning some strong foreign moolah so that i can exchange it for RMs and set up a nice early retirement fund for myself.



one thing that's worrying me, though, is that as the years go by, my visits back to malaysia has become shorter and shorter judging by my holiday trend - 2 weeks during the most recent visit, and 3 weeks during the trip before. let's just hope that my holiday-duration track record improves soon!

2 Comments:

At 3/16/11, 7:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your blog entry so emo. the pictures as well. made me realize that we're....older. NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

come back soon
xoxo
baby

 
At 3/17/11, 9:57 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

ahaha it wasn't intended to be emo la..but yea, we ARE OLDER! NOOOOO! okok i be back soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home