Monday, February 23, 2009

Week 1: This is the beginning, all over again.

so here i am, back in sydney once more! if you know me, you should already know how much i love sydney - i.e. not that much actually, in fact, it's more like not at all. but, like always, a man has to make his living and so too do i have to make mine. it just so happens that my making-a-living requires me to be here. so there.

a turtle admonished me the other day. it said, See la (yes, it was a malaysian turtle fully equipped with the colloquil use of 'la'), who asked you to go and choose marine biology? You should've chosen something more traditionally Malaysian like accounting or marketing or mass comm! in the midst of my sadness, i still found it extremely hilarious and ironic that it, of all things living, would criticise me for choosing to be someone who would ultimately help save its kind!

forgive me, i'm going off tangent here.

this most recent trip back home was nothing short of amazing. i can honestly say i've never been to so many places, done so many things, drank so much alcohol or danced away so many nights in my life (not exaggerating). i'm surprised that my liver has not already keeled over and surrendered. and judging by the number of blister scars on my toes and feet, i should be so thankful that i can still walk again! like a modern-day Lazarus, except that i wasn't dead.

i miss malaysia so much! and today is only the fourth day. how many more 'fourth day's will i have to endure before i'm back home in kajang again? how many more 'fourth day's will i have to weather before i'm back in bangi with my abby baby again!? how many more 'fourth day's will pass before i'm driving about in my kelisa again (which, incidentally, might not happen as my parents are thinking of selling the car...WHY!?).

haiya. this sucks. i want to come home!

3 Comments:

At 2/25/09, 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i tot u were dying away bek home wit da oh-so-speedy-internet which made u wanted to come bek to syd quicker at one point? *sniggers*

 
At 2/25/09, 10:22 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

BAH!

Tame your tongue, Woman!

 
At 2/28/09, 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AH! just admit it lah! u miss me n syd, dats y u'r bek here AGAIN... HAHAHA! so, when r u comin ova to hav a swim wit da sharks? HAHAHA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home