Sunday, October 14, 2007

Bringing Vegetables To You Since 1986.

to dream the impossible dream...

...of becoming a vegetarian.

no. i was just kidding.

anyhow, i've set myself this (personal) challenge. starting from today (or actually, yesterday) my meals will consist of 90% vegetables. i am limiting my intake of rice, maggi noodles, chips, mash potatoes, meat and chocolates in a bid to lose weight in time for summer!

and to make good my intentions, i went out grocery shopping today and bought $19.41 worth of vegetables and fruits. and for dinner, i cooked a big pot of vegetable chicken soup. which will, hopefully, last me till Tuesday.

thus begins my affair with those whom i love to hate.







group photo.
clockwise from left: tomato, siu pak choy, cabbage, leek, purple cabbage, yellow capsicum and carrot.


The end result:


if you were thinking whether i put siu pak choy into the soup, well, i most certainly DID NOT!
what are you...MAD?
ugh.
neither was the capsicum too, by the way.

i will survive.

13 Comments:

At 10/14/07, 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you didn't mistake a Yam for a Raddish again.

 
At 10/14/07, 4:01 PM, Blogger itsjeaney said...

What's siu pak choy?

 
At 10/14/07, 5:37 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

waiking: AHH! that was just one-off mistake OK!? *glares*

jeaney: ermm..i oso dunno how to explain. small white vegetable? HAHA! that's the direct translation..you go and ask your mom la.

 
At 10/15/07, 7:24 PM, Blogger Zingi said...

oi! fuck!

fucking yummy wei the soup! u got me fucking hungry even after raya ketupats and rendangs! damn you mel!

 
At 10/15/07, 11:45 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

fucker, i damn hungry wei. don't know how those vegetarians do it.

 
At 10/16/07, 12:14 AM, Blogger itsjeaney said...

Mel... you make such good translator man... *raises eyebrow*

 
At 10/16/07, 12:57 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

lol..sorry la..i'm not much of a translator anyway. HEY I SAW THOSE PICS! omggg..i still remember those! why do me you and your sis look like we have identical hairstyles!?

hahahaha..fucking cute though. yup. YEARS of friendship we have there *hugs*. eh woman, for fuck's sakes, put a tagboard or something? i kenot comment or write shit in your blog.

 
At 10/16/07, 1:47 PM, Blogger itsjeaney said...

That's because I don't want you to write shit in my blog. HAHAHAH jks jks.
Well, since it's requested, I'll get one... soon hopefully. I want nice nice one lol.

And yes zomg, we are such cutays last time okay. About the hair... umm haha the old skool style yo!

 
At 10/16/07, 8:04 PM, Blogger tammeegoreng said...

dontforget that mushrooms are meat for veg etarians.

 
At 10/16/07, 8:29 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

NOOOOO!!! i'm still hungry! and i'm getting really sick of vegie soup.

howar you tammo? how was malaysia? we need to catch up!

 
At 10/17/07, 4:58 PM, Blogger archobyz said...

i think it's "pak choy" rather than "siew pak choy". "siew pak choy" is the more kecik ones.. and whiter. but well... all the best with the vege thing. i tried to limit my meat intake for 2 days but at the end of it, i went mad at TGIF. no meat=no life

 
At 10/18/07, 3:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yam for raddish? Hmmm... =D
Soup looks good though! Super colourful! Looks good in a pic. I can't get what I cook to look good even though it tastes decent! I'm such a sucky photog. Or maybe cause I know jack about photoshop

 
At 10/18/07, 1:52 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

linda: hahaha..i totally hear you. 3 days into eating maximal vegetables and minimal meat and i was going crazy. also, my stomach was protesting BIG TIME. i felt SOO hungry ALL THE TIME!

step: hahaha..it was a one-off mistake la, seriously. and besides, white yam DOES look very much like raddish wert. and it wasn't major photoshopping la, just adjusting the exposure and contrast of the colours nia.

but i know right? looks uber colourful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home