Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Tegan Schetrumpf

Unspoken

"I never write about that."
(Be offhand, condescending,
puzzled, pliant, disapproving,
misdirect, do anything!)

"Not much left to say really."
(Casually disagree,
Not too much of a fight now,
or you'll peak their interest)

"It happened so long ago."
(I barely remember,
dull and ancient, boring, chalky,
dust and bones and memories)

"Sad, but I'm at peace with it."
(Could be if you would just stop
disturbing the dead - gorged enough?
There's no flesh left anyway)

"It helped me to be who I am."
(There's your bridge over chaos,
take it and leave me alone,
time to stop picking the scab...)

"Okay, can you please drop it?"
(Too close, too rude, too clumsy!
Pain likes pain - I'll tear something out,
then you'll probe yourself instead!)

How is it you dare judge me?
Ignorant mole! Burrowing
in fouled soil where the brave are felled
and cowards like you quiver!

I am not hiding from you!
I protect you from questions
and answers, burdens far too large
to be encompassed with words.

Scuttle away, crabs to and fro,
This one stays with pincers raised.
Nothing can be done: nothing is.
Time sculpts the meaningless shore...

"Why don't you write about it anymore?"
"It happened so long ago,
not much left to say really, so
I never write about that."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home