Saturday, April 07, 2007

Vegetables and Resurrection.

I find it quite amazing that i've already been in Sydney for 6 weeks now. time's passes so much faster when life is a routine...anyway, i went grocery shopping today. as i was walking through the aisles of Coles, i finally convinced myself to buy some vegetables because my reasoning was that it's cheaper and *cough* healthier and 'sides, i DO eat vegies, even if it's just kangkung and the occasional chinese spinach. however all i could find were just bunches and bunches of pak choy, silver beet and celery. terrible. as i walked away, a part of me was crowing in triumph because i had stayed true to my partial anti-vegetable stance.

but as i was leaving Coles, the anti-thesis of my vegetable-hating self started whispering again and hence i dragged myself down to Harris's Farm. i was quite sure that i'd find some vegetables which were edible in my pov there. as i perused through Harris's Farm, i found myself grow smaller and smaller...and more lost. there were HEAPS of vegetables there..none of which names i knew. and it seemed to me as if the rows and rows of vegetables were laughing at me and mocking me...because i couldn't tell the difference between cabbage and lettuce. if you could see me, you'd laugh too..because i was just standing around with this confounded and befuddled look on my face, trying to work out which vegetables were what.. while all around me people were grabbing bunches of greens at the speed of light.

finally i spied some chinese spinach which i've seen my uncle cook before and was about to grab them but they looked disgustingly old and not fresh...and when i was turning them around to inspect it, the bunch i was holding had 2 leeches on them. no joke. leeches. on a bunch of chinese spinach. then i thought to myself...'hooo shit, it'd be damn funny if i told the OB guys i got a leech bite from buying vegetables'...which further convinced me that vegetables are evil.

in the end, i bought a quarter of a watermelon, 2 bunches of grapes and some mushrooms. i figured that as a source of dietary fibre for my next week..it'd be sufficient. i'm happy.

ANYWAY! it's Easter! tomorrow..hehehe..i've been to church 3 times so far this week and later i'll be going to church again, for the Easter Vigil..where we'll be lighting candles and the whole church will be dark and nice and romantic AND i hope the leng chai priest will be there again.

most people think that Christmas is the highlight of the Christian calendar but it's actually Easter that's the most important day of all. Easter is about the Christ dying on the cross for the redemption of mankind from sin and then resurrecting again and finally his ascension into Heaven. basically it's the crux of Catholic/Christian faith la. i've never really been a religious person and the only times i ever pray is when i'm in church, or when i'm looking for a parking space in Midvalley OR when i want something. However, i guess being alone in Sydney has strengthened my faith in God because i've been in so many comprimising situations and walked away unscathed and unharmed that it can only mean one thing: either i'm EXTREMELY lucky, or it's God and angels watching over me. either way, i'm thankful.

AND for the first time EVER, Melanie shall quote the bible, John 20:24-28:

But Thomas was not with them when Jesus came. So the other disciples told him, "We have seen the Lord." But he said to them, "Unless I see the mark of the nails in his hands, and put my finger in the mark of the nails and my hand in his side, I will not believe."

Although the doors were shut, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you." Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here and see my hands. Reach out your hand and put it in my side. Do not doubt but believe."

Thomas answered him, "My Lord and my God!"

OK..i admit i lifted that from the some documentary i was watching one day about how we, as Catholics and Christians find ourselves increasingly on the quest of finding miracles and weeping statues of Mary to reaffirm our faith...when all God wants is just our absolute trust and faith alone devoid of all these 'proof'. but it is already such a struggle to place faith and trust on people whom we know, things that we can see and understand...how much harder would it be to place faith and trust on something that we can't see, don't really know...and can't possibly understand?

Aaahhh..sweet religion. Don't worry Lord, i have absolute faith in You. even though by my knowledge accumulated through 1st and 2nd years of Geology, i've come to a conclusion that the Great Flood and Noah's Ark as well as the Creation of the World is fake...i'll just take it that You've got a great sense of humour, like me. High-5.


Love, Melanie and the little Lindt bunny.

5 Comments:

At 4/7/07, 7:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA...u tau, i jatuh dari kerusi kerana ketawa terbahak-bahak...;p

sorry lah, i kenot help it lah...can jumpa leech while beli sayur...hahahaHAHAHAHAHA...*wipes tears away*

*RESPEK BETUL* u my champion lah...bwahaHAHAHAHA

p/s: oh ya, u noe which one is choy sum a not ah? coz rite, HAHAHA, i asked my ex-hsemate beli choy sum once...after good old 4 hrs gone, she came back wit THE 'choy sum', which incidentally was a beetroot mistaken for choy sum...i couldnt sleep dat nite coz ketawa sampai sakit perut...haha, i tink she's ur long lost twin! HAHAHA

~<^o^>~ happy easter mel!

 
At 4/7/07, 11:35 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

grrrr..babi punya kailan. haha..see at least i know a kailan when i see one. YEA! i swear there was a leech! serious..gave me some damn big shock.

and please don't laugh at people who cannot differentiate between vegetables..*pfft*..it's very rude.

 
At 4/8/07, 1:09 AM, Blogger ..kAixin.. said...

i think ur lindt bunny looks like a frog. ugh

 
At 4/8/07, 1:26 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

WOT! blasphemy..it's milk chocolate! and to prove it i shall eat it tmrw and tell you how awesomely good it was.

 
At 4/8/07, 7:27 PM, Blogger Oil Central said...

Yala looks like a frog la.. good call Nikki.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home