Saturday, September 08, 2007

Patrolling for Snow on a Friday night.

live music sends fire through my veins. it is THAT good. and considering i've had a whole can of Mother that was distributed F.O.C. after the concert...i figured i'd better just write it up now just so that I can concentrate on my work tomorrow.


Obligatory self-whoring pre-gig photo which i've not been churning out of late. Hello everyone.

Snow Patrol is TEH BESTNESS! they are absolutely fabulous live! this year has been a relatively quiet year gig-wise for me and i've nearly forgotten how the first beats resounding from the drums when the band starts up can literally send your spirits soaring and begging for more. the first peal from the lead guitarist, the first note from the bassist...and you, my friend, are in Gig Heaven.


One of the opening acts: Silversun Pickups. They were pretty good! Remember, you first heard of them here, if ever they make it big.

some might think that Chasing Cars is over-rated but it still makes my top-songs list and the moment the first riffs sounded through the arena...everything just seemed so surreal and i was left wondering.."hey..i just listened to this song a few hours ago on my laptop using my crappy earphones and now...here i am, being serenaded by Gary Lightbody!"


Snow Patrol. In the midst of turning my knees to jelly and my heart all a-flutter.

they played all the songs i wanted them to play...the only one notably missing (and much to my disappointment) was You Could Be Happy. but hey, i'm not complaining. the final encore was just out of the world...they ended they're performance with You're All I Have and i swear to God, nearly everyone jumped up from their seats and started jumping, dancing, screaming, shaking etc...me being one of them HAHAHAHA!


More people! I cropped myself out because no-face is better than half-a-face. Meet gen, david and step.

it was more than i could've asked for. they are just so so so good. Gary Lightbody is an amazing singer. i'm listening to You're All I Have now on my WMP but it's just not the same. it's anti-climactic. boo.


How To Be Dead...Snow Patrol-style!
Don't they sound abso-fucking-lutely BRILLIANT live?!
So much better than on their CD..SO MUCH MORE!

i want more.

2 Comments:

At 9/10/07, 12:59 AM, Blogger galnexdor said...

ur hair's SOOO long...:) niceeee

 
At 9/10/07, 5:50 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

haha..hey thanks! oh ya! i need your email address the one you sign in to blogger with..but i'll probably get it from you over msn..HAHA!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home