Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Grumblebums.

it's the second day of semester 2, meaning that this semester will officially be my last semester. and already i'm swamping myself with questions: should i just graduate? should i take up the Honours offer? who do i want as my supervisor? i wonder if Maria's back from her sabbatical so that i can show her my proposal? what the hell is my proposal? what projects can i think of that will relate to echinoderms (starfish) so that Maria will pick me up? should i just graduate? why don't i do my postgrad up in JCU, Townsville instead? or maybe i could do it in UQ, Brisbane? when should i start applying for an extension for my student visa?

why can't it all just simplify itself through differentiation?!

man...i've been feeling so crummy and grumpy and all things not-cool since coming home from Heron Island. yea...i've got a badbad case of Heron-Island-Withdrawal-Symptoms. everything started on a wrong foot this morning.

i just hate:
1. waking up to a cloudy and un-sunny Sydney-esque sky.
2. not having to scramble to turn off my alarm just so that Sally won't start screaming 'Turn that fucking thing off!'
3. not having to fight for the bathroom just so i can brush my teeth.
4. having to make my own breakfast...Maggie the Cook on Heron always has hot breakkie and a wide selection of cereals and tinned fruits waiting for us.
5. walking to uni with a cold wind blowing!
6. dodging cars and other miscellanous traffic just to get to the other side of the road.

wah...so much vitriol!

sigh. i miss everyone so much! grr. it's tough when you've spent your last 10 days seeing the same faces and building strong bonds and friendships with each other..laughing over the same jokes and antics, mulling over the same photosynthetic problems, freezing till kingdom comes over the same snorkelling projects. it's tough when you've got all that and then have to say goodbye. and the worst is because this field trip was a collaborative effort between USYD, U. of Queensland and James Cook University...most of the people you meet there you will not see again in uni! and the people with whom i've bonded extremely well (and that has surprised me quite a bit as well, seeing as i'm the surly anti-social type) are from UQ and JCU and it's really giving me the shits because i don't think i'll be seeing them again!

WAA-AAAH!

hopefully a week is all i need to recover from this state of madness.

sigh.

and you thought i didn't see you looking.

2 Comments:

At 7/25/07, 10:53 PM, Blogger galnexdor said...

bonded extremely well, eh?

melly talk to me....ive missed u too=)

p/s: u gotta teach me how u do that photocollage

 
At 7/26/07, 12:52 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

hahahaha..karen! you know i'll always layan you..no matter what!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home