Monday, September 25, 2006

A lot of people have asked me why I return to OBS year after year after year (repeat infinity times) and my answer has always been ‘The People’. The people are why I return to Lumut.

Somehow you build this bond with the people that you meet in OB. Ok, maybe not with EVERYONE but more like with your own watch members. There is something unbreakable about it. You KNOW your clansmen when you see them.



-Irau 2002: I'm still best mates with Natasha and we occasionally have a chat-up with Tim. And then Alien found me! How awesome! *waves to Alien* But I wonder what happend to Brian and Sanjay? And everyone else for the matter? I know Khim's in Russia...hmmm...people..damn fail la we all-



And then...of course there's that bond you build with your fellow CAs. I'd dare say that the bond between CAs > bond between Watch members..although just by a very tiny little fraction. This may be because we're united behind the belief that the children are a necessary evil and that our sole purpose is to humble them and show them how awesome and macho their CAs can be.

Take Eugene for example (haha).


Ya..I know. Damn poser right? And my bangs SUCK.

I knew him from my pre-CA days because he was one of the people in my Group..but not in my Watch. Anyway, inter-Watch rivalry was rife then and we weren't particularly close...because Jerai was lansi and Irau was just weird. But then when we became fellow-CAs..well..everything changed. I now know that he's got a rather unique belly-button, for instance.


2003: You guys blew me away. The fireworks. The off-light sessions. The hardcore-full-on-lipstick-TaiDee. Wun's fatty yet lansi face. Nothing compares.


2004: The slipper on nose incident..hoho. The high ratio of guys to girls (which resulted in torture for the fairer sex). The 'discussions' in the girl's dorm. Hair biting. You guys rocked.


2005: Who can forget the red eyes? Coming back a second time for the same course just strengthened the bond we built the year before..

And of course I can't forget my participants la..(the necessary evil we were discussing before). I *heart* you guys too...it's just that I don't have any pictures with you guys that are in digi-form. And some of you have even made the transition from minion to colleague. Haha. Well done.

What I'm trying to say is, if you go to OBS, you make friends for life.

*waves at Alien and Nat*...hello guys!

AAaahhh...i adore all you peeps. and i'm not being stalkerish here.

7 Comments:

At 9/25/06, 1:23 AM, Blogger galnexdor said...

i dun have that picture. the last one. where sookie's posing for marie france bodyline and i somehow hid behind her for obvious reasons...:) can i have it?

 
At 9/25/06, 4:01 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

of course! i'll send it over pronto or you can just steal it from here..

 
At 9/25/06, 11:33 PM, Blogger evil yun said...

oMG!! u know sanjay?!?! i think i got his msn... but i m not to sure if it is him tho.. hahha... long itme din chat wif him oso d.. =P

 
At 9/26/06, 10:24 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

yea! sanjay the half jap-half indian! i think he was in your watch when you guys were with yi chian right?

 
At 9/27/06, 12:27 AM, Blogger evil yun said...

yea yea!!! n ryan too! OMG sooo long liao din see them.. wonder if they still remember me.. haha

 
At 9/27/06, 1:15 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

hahahaha..aww..eugene..you KNOW i'd never put up unflattering pics of you..

and yea! yun..! ryan too! i'm also wondering how all of them are..damn long never talked to them.

 
At 10/4/06, 11:53 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

lol..oh come on..you don't look THAT bad la. no need to hide.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home