Saturday, June 11, 2005

101 things you may already know about me. Don't bother reading it.

this is with response to karen's 101 list... hahahaha..check out how many things i hated.

1. It has always been Daddy, Mommy and Melanie.
2. If I were born a boy instead, my name would’ve been Benjamin Ho Swee Jin.
3. I was a devil when I was a kid.
4. I bit my cousin who’s 7 years older than me on his tummy when I was 3 in Sydney.
5. It drew blood.
6. He wouldn’t let me play with a racing car game…or whatever it was.
7. I bit him again on the way to the airport.
8. My dad used to chase me around the house with the feather duster.
9. I could run very fast back then.
10. I’ve gotten my fair share of hairbrushes too.
11. My parents said that I was not afraid of anything.
12. I walked off to Mini Malaysia alone when I was 5 because no one would accompany me.
13. I broke my mom’s friend’s guitar strings.
14. And my neighbour’s crystal wine glass…when I wasn’t yet even in kindy.

15. I studied in Tadika Pelangi, off Jalan Bukit.
16. I studied in Sekolah Rendah Jalan Bukit (1)
17. I studied in Sekolah Menengah Jalan Bukit
18. I spent my 14 years of schooling along Jalan Bukit…one after the other in succession
19. I broke the spell and went to Taylor’s College instead of New Era College (which was right beside my high school)

20. I knew my first friend 19 years ago.
21. I knew my second friend 18 years ago.
22. My second friend is now dead.
23. I cried so hard when that happened.
24. I still haven’t gotten over that incident.
25. I didn’t get to say goodbye to her.

26. My first friend in Primary 1 is Abby.
27. We got to know each other because she came up to me and asked me if I liked this certain
girl in our class.
28. I said no.
29. Both of us used to climb up trees and put the girl’s hairband right on top… or on top of fences.
30. SHE used to throw our water bottles into the dustbin.
31. It was war.
32. There used to be a group consisting of 5 of us… me, Abby, Andy, Muhindra, and Vignes.
33. We were a strong clique and used to play pretend Power Rangers.
34. I was the Pink Power Ranger, Kimberly.
35. I hated it.
36. I used to fight a lot with Vignes till our parents had to meet up.
37. I fell in love in Primary 3.
38. I had a major crush on him right till Form 1.
39. When I was in Primary 4, I went to my first camping adventure.
40. I didn’t last the 3 days there… I went home on the very first night itself.
41. I had another shot at the camping thing again during Primary 6.
42. This time it was a success.
43. When I went to Form 1, I met another clique of friends.
44. One of my GOOD friends, Tan Poh Leng…I didn’t like her at first.
45. I thought she looked like a frog.
46. She was quite mean at first too.
47. I can’t remember how we became as close as we are today.
48. Another of my good friends is Elaine Yap.
49. She was from SRK Jalan Bukit (2)…the enemy school.
50. The first day I saw her in my class… I went, “oh no! what’s she doing here?”
51. Our favourite pastimes were making prank calls on our seniors (boys), playing kejar-kejar at 52. the padang, double-daring each other, talking to the trees in our padang.
53. When I was in Form 1, I fell in love again, with a different guy.
54. He was…different.
55. I still think of him sometimes.
56. When I was in Form 3, I hooked up with the boy whom I had a crush on when I was Primary 3.
57. Isn’t that funny? It came full-circle.
58. I broke up with him after 16 months…for reasons that I won’t write here.

59. I used to learn ballet when I was 4 up till when I was Primary 6.
60. I loved it cos I had a whole cool bunch of friends there.
61. They started leaving one by one.
62. Then I hated it.
63. My mom forced me to take up Yamaha JMC lessons when I was 5.
64. I hated that too.
65. My mom and I used to have SCREAMING sessions every time it was time for class.
66. In the end, she gave up and I stopped going.
67. Then in Primary 5, Abby convinced me that I had to take up piano lessons
68. We had classes together.
She dumped me in the end.
69. I’m still playing till today
70. I regret stopping during the Yamaha JMC years.
71. Then I picked up the guitar…
72. Went for lessons for a year, then I quit.
73. I just realized that I am in fact a quitter…first ballet, then Yamaha…then guitar.

74. I love OBS.
75. I love the feeling I get whenever I see the school and the wooden dorms on the hill side.
76. I love everything about it.
77. I love reading too.
78. I’m a self-confessed nerd.
79. My dream is to have a library as extensive as the Fisher Library in Sydney Uni.
80. That’s where I run to every time I have a 3 hour break.
81. My ultimate nightmare would be a world without books.

82. I used to have a navel piercing.
83. I loved that too.
84. I had to take it out because my skin was thinning.
85. However, I’m determined to have it…it’s healing now and Zoo Body Art is just waiting for me to come home.
86. Like Karen, I want to get a tattoo too… but at the nape of my neck.
87. How sexy would that be??
88. A dream-catcher design… that’s what I want.
89. I love Coldplay.
90. I love anything that isn’t Britney Spears and commercial-candyfloss pop.

91. Sometimes I feel very dissatisfied with myself.
92. I’m a procrastinator… big time.
93. I think my nose is too flat… and a rhinoplasty would do the trick.
94. I feel that my face is too round…TOO ROUND!
95. I think I’m fat.
96. I think I have too little hair…I wish I had a thicker mane of hair.
97. I feel awfully stupid sometimes.
98. I’m afraid of growing old.
99. I’m quite insecure of myself at times.
100.When I was a kid, I’d always ask my mom why I didn’t have siblings but everyone else had siblings…I’d get terribly lonely.

101. It took me a heck of a long time to write all this down.

it's not as good as karen's.. i must admit... but hey, coming from someone like me.. it's feasible..
hahahahaha... d'oh!

4 Comments:

At 6/11/05, 1:52 PM, Blogger galnexdor said...

ahhaha....it's good melly...i liked it...very original...
44. One of my GOOD friends, Tan Poh Leng…I didn’t like her at first.
45. I thought she looked like a frog.
hahah this one cracked me up....:)

 
At 6/11/05, 11:39 PM, Blogger tammeegoreng said...

hahahaa... smells.
that was funny.
sorry to hear bout your friend.
and poh leng looks nothing like a frog.
you're such a mean tiger.

=)

 
At 6/11/05, 11:57 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

hahahaha.. don't worry.. both of us know about it... and yea, before she morphed into the beauty that she is now.. she DID... hahahaha look like...

didn't you tpl??

 
At 6/14/05, 11:57 PM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

hahahaha..memang... whole life along jalang bukit..
HOW BORING!!!

thank god i broke out of that cycle...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home