Friday, August 03, 2007

Love is...

during my first year in Sydney, i bought a little pot of lavender. i had this grand plan of growing it into a big hedge and subsequently harvesting the flowers for its smell as well as to decorate my room. and while i was at it, i figured i would extract lavender oil as well.

the first few weeks went well. i would water the plant diligently and shower as much tender loving care as i possibly could towards a plant. however, as more weeks went by, my attention waned, my grandiose plans were shelved to the backs of my mind and my little lavender plant still remained in its little plastic pot.

7 months later, driven by guilt, i finally replanted the lavender plant into a proper garden bed. 2 years on and behold, it did not hold any grudges against me.


How long does it take to forget a name?

i'm currently drying a bouquet of blooms in my room. no aims or intentions, i just like staring at it...the purple is so rich and it has already been a week yet no colour is lost. and the scent is still as strong. so strong that it's almost heady and hits me everytime i walk into the room.

I wonder if you've already forgotten.

...kind and forgiving?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home