Saturday, May 17, 2008

Week 10: Snail-mail and other bits of randomness.

1. this week i received 2 items from the mail! yes! 2 items! 2 separate individual items! FOR ME!! why am i so happy?! it feels really childish to be so deliriously happy just from receiving snail-mail (note: childish i.e. child-like, not the immature throwing tantrums kinda childish)...but i love it! thanks ren-ren, they DO look like fish! and i was proudly showing it off to gen too and i didn't even mention anything about it looking like fish and she went..

"ooh! looks like fishes in the ocean!"

and yea kailan, i love you too MUACKSS!

2. it has been top gear and pedal to the metal for me for the past 2 weeks. i've never felt so completely worn out...honestly, whoever said honours was relaxing easy-peasy research stuff work ought to be hung, drawn and quartered! in a perverted way though (note: not sexual perversion but rather an anomaly of what is perceived as normal behaviour), i'm actually finding such work-related fatigue welcoming. it helps put my mind off things i'd rather not deal with or think about. or rather, my mind is so occupied during the times when i'm at work that it blocks out all other thoughts.

3. however, one train of thought that refused to be blocked out was the lyrics to Skeeter Davis' End of The World. regardless of whether i'm filtering seawater, spawning urchins or counting larvae, i am perpetually humming that tune soundlessly in my head. the only reason why i should know this song is because i grew up listening to my mom singing it. it amazes me how after 15 years i can still remember the lyrics word for word and now i fully understand the meaning behind it.

4. i'm turning 22 soon! help me la i don't feel like turning 22(note: when i say i don't feel like i mean i don't want to - not i don't feel 22 and stubbornly insist that i feel younger)!

5. last night, the mother of all pimples sprouted on my right cheek over my cheekbone. it's damn fucking pain la! ROAR! i've never had a pimple this size before and i can't for the life of me figure out what i could've eaten to produce this mfucker. it's damn freaky ok?! the core of the pimple itself is damn hard and sharp. and then the flesh surrounding the pimple feels sorta hard too AND ALSO FEELS DAMN HOT! classic symptoms of infection. AND it's damn itchy la OMG i really want to scratch it but cannot ARGH!

so i was entertaining myself with the idea that it might actually be a spider bite and not a pimple (because it's fucking huge la!)...and if so, i might end up having a really bad infection which would need corrective/plastic surgery. and if that ever happens, i'll probably ask the doctor to fix up my nose (note: make it sharper and more pointy) and my eyes (note: make it bigger). if i could, i'd tell him to get rid of my square jaw and give me a more tapered ovallish-shaped face, but then that would require him shaving off parts of my jawbone, and you and i both know that's not plausible because i wouldn't have enough money to pay for it sigh.

4 Comments:

At 5/17/08, 3:47 AM, Blogger galnexdor said...

hey melly!

glad it reached u safely coz i think the tape wasnt sticky enough...

and..i have a confession...i thought ur birthday was the 15th. ahaha only after i saw on facebook that kim's bday was on the 15th did i realise that ur bday was on 27th...*paiseh*

but anyhow...happy turning 22 soon...:) it aint that bad...take it from me...haha

 
At 5/19/08, 12:05 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

hahaha..it was taped brilliantly! no worries about the mix-up in birthdates, i actually thought that kim had the same birthday as me..but i could be wrong.

lol anyway my mom's gonna be here for my birthday i'm finally gonna get a birthday cake after so long WHOO!

 
At 5/20/08, 3:12 PM, Blogger dAv said...

WOAH LOOK WHAT I'VE FOUND lol

 
At 5/21/08, 1:32 AM, Blogger ..melanie.. said...

no shit! DAVID! hahahaha..how? HOW?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home